cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask your car insurance company to re-rate your policy if you've had a significant credit score jump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask your car insurance company to re-rate your policy if you've had a significant credit score jump

I was reading some threads about car insurance companies using credit scores to set premiums and thought it was worth having my company (Geico) take a look since I started the policy almost four years ago. The rep confirmed that they had not pulled credit since jan of 2014 and depending on CRA I'm up at least 100 pts+ since then.

Long story short, my premium dropped from $450/month to $260/month with no change in coverage.

Well worth the 15 mins on the phone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ask your car insurance company to re-rate your policy if you've had a significant credit score j

Thats a good idea to check on that.   I have a bit more work to do, but i will try that once i'm a bit higher on my score.   not sure how it is with state farm, and i've had the same policy 10 yrs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.