Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking Experian For Early Exclusion With Previous Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking Experian For Early Exclusion With Previous Dispute

I have 4 accounts that are still showing up as derogatory on Experian . These were accounts that were included in my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy filed in February 2010. The bankruptcy was discharged August 2015. This should be removed from my credit file in January or February 2017.  I have previously filed a dispute on these accounts with Experian . They were reporting the bankruptcy information wrong. They fixed these items and accounts now say includud in Bankruptcy. They still show late payments.

I tried the dispute option on-line being careful to say I was not disputing the account. I explained that I was asking for early exclusion since the individual accounts I believe are supposed to drop off in September/August.  The date of first delinquency was around October 2009. 

Experian would not process the dispute. It popped up a window that should the accounts have been previously disputed and resolved or verified through creditors. 

Should I try writing a letter and asking again? How on earth do you get a live person at Experian every I number tried wanted me to order my credit report. Does anyone have the correct number or address to where I should the request.

I am hoping to start the USDA loan application in the fall and can't until these fall off my report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asking Experian For Early Exclusion With Previous Dispute

Experian's online dispute was worthless for me also.  I was stuck in an endless loop of "files too large", "color .tiff detected" and webpage timeouts until they ultimately directed me to mail in a form...maybe you could try that?

Experian

P.O. Box 9701

Allen, TX 75013

They want you to include a "form" with your name and address and report number, as well as a copy of an ID card, utility bill with your curent address, and a copy of your Social Security card.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 4 accounts that are still showing up as derogatory on Experian . These were accounts that were included in my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy filed in February 2010. The bankruptcy was discharged August 2015. This should be removed from my credit file in January or February 2017.  I have previously filed a dispute on these accounts with Experian . They were reporting the bankruptcy information wrong. They fixed these items and accounts now say includud in Bankruptcy. They still show late payments.

I tried the dispute option on-line being careful to say I was not disputing the account. I explained that I was asking for early exclusion since the individual accounts I believe are supposed to drop off in September/August.  The date of first delinquency was around October 2009. 

Experian would not process the dispute. It popped up a window that should the accounts have been previously disputed and resolved or verified through creditors. 

Should I try writing a letter and asking again? How on earth do you get a live person at Experian every I number tried wanted me to order my credit report. Does anyone have the correct number or address to where I should the request.

I am hoping to start the USDA loan application in the fall and can't until these fall off my report.

Are you certain about that? USDA is similar to FHA - they generally do not worry about anything older than two years....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just recently updated one of my threads in here regarding that lol.

Tried to get an early exclusion, which didn't work, but did get "date last updated" updated to the date I tried to request early exclusion. Which had more negative effects. 

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sometimes it can become a mess when you are trying to get things updated, and it can result in you being worse off, unfortunately.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.