cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance Validates a different account...

tag
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Asset Acceptance Validates a different account...

I sent a DV to Asset Acceptance on August 15.

On September 4, 2008 I received what appears to be validation of an old account (out of SOL and CRTP)

I just received another validation for different account with Asset Acceptance. I did not ask for this validation. This letter does not contain the Last Transaction Date line like the first one. 

Has anyone ever had this happen: request a debt to be validated and they send you validation for other debts too? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance Validates a different account...

Dont respond to it.  It was not subject of your DV, and they might try to use it against you.

Message 2 of 6
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Into the file it goes. Thanks RobertEG
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Is this other account past your state's SOL and CRTP too? If yes, blow them off!
Message 4 of 6
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Both are long gone - I DV'd primarly to stop the phone calls which occured regularly up to that point. One is from 1998, the other didn't have a date on the DV response.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I continue to receive letters from JDBs a few times a year, I just throw them away. They never call me but if they do, I'll send them a FOAD letter knowing I'm past my state's SOL and CRTPs.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.