cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance is killing me! Help needed before I explode

tag
classicgirl

Asset Acceptance is killing me! Help needed before I explode

I can't get Asset Acceptance to PFD for the life of me. This is a debt that will fall off my report in four months, but I'd like to pay it and off now. I DV'ed them, because I didn't recognize the account at first and they replied (I live in Texas). It is a small amount ($120) and they sent me settlement letters for 50% off, but I'd pay the entire amount if they deleted. I've sent the at least four PFD's telling them how old the debt is, and that it is out of my state's SOL and will be off my report in four months, however, I'd be willing to pay in full if they would delete. Everytime, they just act like I'm sending another DV and respond with a verification. I've sent to the general address and to specific people and nothing is working. 

Does anyone have any contacts with Asset Acceptance or any advice how to get through? I would like to pay them, but they don't seem to want to play ball. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wmcodywilson
New Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance is killing me! Help needed before I explode

Im in the exact same boat as you. If you come up with anything, can you PM me?

Starting Score: EQ 489 1/2012 TU 493 1/2012
Current Score: EQ 547 5/2012 TU 562 5/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

I may have just been lucky with them, but mine was removed after a GW letter was sent.  I settled with them for th 50% before I knew anything about this board.  It wasn't due to fall off my report for another few years but after the first attempt they removed.  I did never receive a response to my letter, but it was gone from all 3 reports.  Mine was being collected for a Best Buy account and the other odd thing was Best Buy turned this into a positive account after I paid as well.  Prob just got lucky, but figured I would share =)

Message 3 of 4
Panamanian
Valued Member

Search the threads on Asset Acceptance there is an example of complaint that was made to the BBB that has been very successful for others. GOOD LUCK. It worked for me.

03/13 Walmart $300 graduated to $800 on 07/13 then $1100 on 11/09; 03/13 Amazon Store $700 graduated to $800 06/13....graduated to 1700 10/13; 04/13 VS $250, 12//12 Cap1 Secure $200 graduated to $300 05/13, 03/13 Cap1 $500 graduated to $1500 07/13.
Current: Lender pulled Transunion 630 Myfico Exfax 630, Experian 630 09/13

New Goal: 675-700 by Jan 2014.
Hoping to close 12/03/13.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.