Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance

tag
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Asset Acceptance

I have read many horror stories about Asset Acceptance and unfortunately, they are the final baddy that I have on my reports. This is an old Windstream phone bill that I let my ex-wife get in my name (should have known better but didn't) and it is being reported on all 3 reports. I have sent them PFD requests to no avail. They will allow me to pay the account but will NOT delete. I have almost decided to let it ride out seeing as I have no other option but I started looking again at it and wonder if I missed something. Here is the account as it is listed on my report:

Asset Acceptance

Account Number: Windstrea-3297XXX  Status:

Account Owner: Individual                      High Credit: $220

Type of Account: Open                           Credit Limit: $0

Date Opened: 04/2007                           Balance: $262

Date Reported: 04/2012                         Amount Past Due: $262

Date of Last Payment:                            Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported :06/2007

Date of First Delinquency: 10/2005

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Date of First Delinquency is the date that is used to determine the "fall-off" date, right? My question is this: how can the DoFD occur BEFORE the Date Opened? Is that grounds for deletion or am I simply trying to see something that is not there?

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance

The DOFD is the date the first delinquency occured with the original creditor (Windstream).  The date opened is the date Asset took the account.  Unfortunatly, it's not grounds for deletion because it's accurate. The good news is that it looks like it should fall off next April.  Check the SOL in your state though - if you've awakened them by sending PFD's, and they're still within the SOL they may try to sue.

They're on my report too - I paid them in full because it looks much better when someone is manually reviewing it, and because it was a debt that I did infact owe.  I've been GW'ing them once week.  My hope is that they'll just get so sick of hearing from me they'll just delete!

Message 2 of 4
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Oh well. I appreciate your reply on that! It clears up my misunderstanding on it. I do agree with you on the fact that I need to go ahead and simply pay it. If nothing else, it will show as a paid debt which is better than NOT paid. So thanks for you help on this! I appreciate it!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
AshCas
Regular Contributor

PM me if you want email addresses for GW's.  I have a bunch Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.