Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned to CA vs Sold

tag
FicoJordan
Valued Member

Re: Assigned to CA vs Sold

Final Question: 

So from what im getting from your answers the CA would be the one I would write a PFD for. .  I asked  in another thread about  sending a PFD to an executive contact of this CA.  Ive seen a couple of PFD samples on here and all of them seem a little harsh.

Would being demanding, straight-to-the-point, or quoting  FCRA guidelines a good idea when it comes to dealing with a ceo or vp?  Shouldn't I be a little softer? 

(ok 2 questions) 

Obstacles are things you see when you take your eyes off your goals
Message 11 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, do not use those PFD letters.  They come across harsh, demanding and threatening.  No way would you demand a timeline for something you are asking a favor for.

A PFD is a type of GW so definitely be a little softer. 

You may also want to include something along the lines of:  I do not acknowledge nor dispute account #_____.  But in the spirit of compromise.......

Message 12 of 17
FicoJordan
Valued Member

ok thanks again. Will look into sending them something this afternoon. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

Message 13 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Good luck and yes, let us know the outcome.

By the way, if they say no the first time, keep sending them.  You may get 100 nos, but it only takes 1 yes.

Message 14 of 17
FicoJordan
Valued Member

Would paying it show up as a new debt and bring my scre down?

Message 15 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Paying an old debt should never lower your score.  However, it sometimes does depending on how it updates.  If it hasn't been updated in a few years and suddenly does, it looks newer.  However the paying of the debt is always a good thing in my opinion.  It removes problems that can arise down the road.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, not a new debt.  If they don't delete it could possibly update and drop your score.  Sometimes it does, others it doesn't.

If you get a PFD, they will delete the TL and your score should go up, depending on other things on your CR.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.