Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with LVNV PLEASE!!!!!

tag
aubie
Contributor

Assistance with LVNV PLEASE!!!!!

Okay here is the long and short of what is going on. I believe LVNV is reaging an account. When I pulled both TU and EQ CR on the same day I see the following on TU:

LVNV Funding
Date Opened: May 2004
Date of Last Activity: June 2005

Now here is what is on my EQ report for same account:
LVNV Funding
Date Opened: Not Reported
Date of Last Activity: April 2003

This is a cc that I had back in 2002. When the account went to collections, it had a high balance of about $4,200.

My questions are is SOL determined by DOLA or DOFD. I have read some very conflicting stories on this issue.

Also, BofA is still reporting on my CRs with a zereo (0) balance of course but they have the correct DOLA which is Nov 2003.

I

Please help!!!

Message Edited by yawn1419 on 07-31-2008 08:04 AM
My friends, my family, my FICO!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Assistance with LVNV PLEASE!!!!!

It appears that you are out of SOL for either state. Because on the TU report it says Date Opened: May 2004. Normally that is when the CA got the account. Even if you go by that date (which of course you wouldn't because you use DOFD) but even if you would then you would still be out of SOL. I would send LVNV a DV.

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-30-2008 10:29 AM
Message 2 of 5
aubie
Contributor

wahmom wrote:
It appears that you are out of SOL for either state. Because on the TU report it says Date Opened: May 2004. Normally that is when the CA got the account. Even if you go by that date (which of course you wouldn't because you use DOFD) but even if you would then you would still be out of SOL. I would send LVNV a DV.

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-30-2008 10:29 AM

Wahmom

Thanks for the info. I have already DV'd them I was just wondering is it considered reaging if they changed the DOLA on a CR.
Message 3 of 5
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

You can call TU & EQ and ask them what the drop date is for that account. If it is something other than around 11/2010 to 5/2011 then I would think they have re-aged it but then again that is just my opinion I could very well be wrong. Does the BOA tl list what the DOFD is? Is it different than the DOLA of 11/03 that they list?
Message 4 of 5
aubie
Contributor

wahmom wrote:
You can call TU & EQ and ask them what the drop date is for that account. If it is something other than around 11/2010 to 5/2011 then I would think they have re-aged it but then again that is just my opinion I could very well be wrong. Does the BOA tl list what the DOFD is? Is it different than the DOLA of 11/03 that they list?

wahmom

Thanks for all the information...Smiley Very Happy

On my actual TU report BofA is reporting that the estimated date of removal of this account is 9/2010, but LVNV is stating that the estimated date of removal of the same account is 3/2010.  Now I know that LVNV is really the scum of the earth, is there anything I should be on the lookout for since my DV is already in the mail.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.