Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At a stall in my rebuild

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

At a stall in my rebuild

I have made a great improvement in my score over the last couple years have some great cards with some great limits the problem I have now is I keep getting denined increases due to " Lack of Real Estate accounts " I own my home and my loan it's too old to get a home equity or anything like that so I'm at a loss on how to get around this hurtle

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: At a stall in my rebuild

With all the cards listed below. Who is it thats reporting this statement. The reason codes dont always match the real deal. You home is paid for. Do you have any installments loans open presently?

Message 2 of 9
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I've been seeing the "lack of real estate loan" excuse a lot more lately.  Granted, I don't have your profile or your scores and I have a lot of other factors but I'm like "huh?  Not everyone a) chooses to own property or b) owns property but no loan on it.  

It doesn't seem fair but like everything in Fico-land -- nothing is really fair. 

To OP -- either there is something else pulling you down (which it doesn't look like) OR having a mortgage will become the new gold standard required to achieve even the highest tier of credit.  Short of going out and buying a house (which is stupid -- it isn't like that makes financial sense -- you may either have to declare victory and move on or work the back office numbers HARD)

To FireMedic -- I have seen that reason by Synchrony and Chase (Chase was for applying for a savings account -- not even a credit product!)

I realize I'm not one to be doling out credit experience so my input is worth what you paid for it (which is zero).  Good luck!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 3 of 9
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

yep SYnc  they raised my lowes up to 17k but the rest of my cards were denined and that was the reason and yes i have a car loan and SSL currently  and a paid off car loan also showing  loans Bal both are 5k

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You dont need an SSL with an open auto loan. What are the other reasons on the decline letter where this showed up, its never a primary or real reason. 

Message 5 of 9
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

I'm aware I have one for another purpose didnt want to just spend the cash all at once

Message 6 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

What type of credit have you been applying for that gave you those reasons for denial?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@designated_knitter wrote:

I've been seeing the "lack of real estate loan" excuse a lot more lately.  Granted, I don't have your profile or your scores and I have a lot of other factors but I'm like "huh?  Not everyone a) chooses to own property or b) owns property but no loan on it.  

It doesn't seem fair but like everything in Fico-land -- nothing is really fair. 

To OP -- either there is something else pulling you down (which it doesn't look like) OR having a mortgage will become the new gold standard required to achieve even the highest tier of credit.  Short of going out and buying a house (which is stupid -- it isn't like that makes financial sense -- you may either have to declare victory and move on or work the back office numbers HARD)

To FireMedic -- I have seen that reason by Synchrony and Chase (Chase was for applying for a savings account -- not even a credit product!)

I realize I'm not one to be doling out credit experience so my input is worth what you paid for it (which is zero).  Good luck!

This "lack of real estate loan" seems to be popping up more and more lately it seems. They got to put some knid of reason. Lame. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I got that as a denial reason from Kohl’s 😂 I have a closed, PIF mortgage in my past too. Apparently if one is not still paying for a house, one has enough spare cash that a Kohl’s CLI is unnecessary...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.