cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to goodwill the impossible (Verizon)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attempting to goodwill the impossible (Verizon)

I know this has been touched on, but after using the search across all the boards, and finding most threads to be outdated I figured I'd start a new one.

I have a collection from Verizon. $103, DoFD Nov 2011, paid April 2012.

And they won't. Let it. Go. I paid on time for over eleven years with them on the same account, but when I closed the account and moved abroad, I wasn't made aware my auto payments wouldn't cover my final bill, and that I wouldn't be able to sign into my account. My fault. 

In any case, no amount of goodwill letters, Planet Feedback forms, emailing regional reps, calling their reps and EO, speaking to their collection/credit department, etc etc etc has netted anything. I've sent multiple goodwill requests to the St Paul address on my credit report, to the local office, to NYC, so on. They just don't care, everyone tends to parrot their standard "FCRA states that it'll illegal for us to delete the debt." Trying to explain that isn't really what the FCRA is about isn't helpful, either.

So has anyone had any succcess? Should I just keep hammering at the emails and letters? Phonecalls seem to be my least successful route, or maybe I just get the most immediate "no" rather than being ignored. I figure, for something that isn't due to drop off until around Oct 2019, I have nothing but time, and why not keep trying. Though they are so stubborn (and often rude) that I've all but given up.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attempting to goodwill the impossible (Verizon)

Honestly, I've been trying to get them to delete a charge off I have on my report with absolutely no success.

My balance isn't even paid, and they still won't work with me.

It's my last baddie, and I so desperately want it off my CR's...and it's from 2011, so it wont fall off until 2018.

I'm still trying though...Phone calls are the quickest no, and the EO isn't much help either.

I've tried to leverage paying the full balance for delete and that doesn't work either. lol

Let me know if you find success somewhere else Smiley Happy

I'll be following this thread. GL!

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Attempting to goodwill the impossible (Verizon)

Verizon is tough, it may take years to get your goodwill. I would send a letter to the EO every month or every other month until you get the GW. All you can do is keep trying. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.