cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attorneys for Capital One Nelson-Kennard Trying to pull a fast one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attorneys for Capital One Nelson-Kennard Trying to pull a fast one?

Long story short, attorneys for Capital One served my husband and although we contacted them, set up a payment plan and signed a Stipulation agreement. Sadly, my husband didn't file a response to the suit. The stipulation agreement was signed by my husband and not by the attorney as of the date he signed. 

Here's where I get suspicious about their intentions.  I've made or attempted to make 2 payments by checking account routing number and account number. I purposely used my Chime account so that they wouldn't and couldn't get my full amount from a judgement. Both times they said they were unable to receive the funds and per the system's message I'm being instructed to call my bank. They assured me that it's not due to insufficient funds or wrong routing number that it is something I need to contact my bank about. Unfortunately they won't accept debit card payments only checking, money order or cashier's check. When I contacted Chime they said they haven't declined or rejected any transactions and that my account is OK.

Can they say that they are not going to file a default judgement order and then file it anyway once they get my "real" checking account info to seize the money? Is there a way for them to somehow figure out that I have joint checking account with my husband? My chime account is only in my name. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

Re: Attorneys for Capital One Nelson-Kennard Trying to pull a fast one?

Why not just send money orders? Cheap, safe and they can't get your bank information.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attorneys for Capital One Nelson-Kennard Trying to pull a fast one?

Well at this point that's what I will be doing but I guess I was mainly wondering if it's possible to do some kind of background check to know if the debtor has checking or savings accounts. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.