Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User Question

Hi guys! I would like my husband to add me as an AU to his discover card. My concern is any consequences that could arise from him doing so. From what I've read, there shouldn't be any. I wanted to reach out to you guys and see if anyone had a credit limit decrease or such after adding an AU? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Authorized User Question

Is the Discover account in good standing, no delinquency, and low utilization?

There should be no penalty if the above is true.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's in good standing. No delinquency. It is only a year old though. Utilization is about 50% but that can be paid off tomorrow if we choose. 

Message 3 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it's in good standing. No delinquency. It is only a year old though. Utilization is about 50% but that can be paid off tomorrow if we choose. 

You should be good then. Just be aware, high reported utilization may affect your score.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I understand. I wanted to see how much info I could gather before paying off the Discover card. I currently do AZEO for him. Now time to work on mine. Thanks for the quick responses! 

Message 5 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I understand. I wanted to see how much info I could gather before paying off the Discover card. I currently do AZEO for him. Now time to work on mine. Thanks for the quick responses! 

Just be aware, if you both are doing AZEO, you may have some different scoring effects.

Update: FICO2 experiment (is it worth it?)

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife added me as an AU on her Disco with a $4500 limit. Her credit score is 750's across the board. I got a 11 point bump from her adding me as a AU. She keeps her util <5%.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.