Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User Success!

Hello All,

Long time lurker, but this will be my first post. My credit is in very poor shape (Low 5's) but I've been doing research on tips for improvement. I recently learned about the potential benefits of authorized users  and decided to reach out to my significant other to her new american express card (2500 CL) and chase freedom card. (1500 CL). And I myself have a Capital One secured credit card with a high utilization percentage. I paid the balance on that card to zero and it will report at the end of the business day today 3/13/2018. BUT just the added American Express card increased my Experian score by 53 POINTS today!! 

Very Excited to see what paying down my balance today and the posting of the Chase Card will do to my scores!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User Success!

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello All,

Long time lurker, but this will be my first post. My credit is in very poor shape (Low 5's) but I've been doing research on tips for improvement. I recently learned about the potential benefits of authorized users  and decided to reach out to my significant other to her new american express card (2500 CL) and chase freedom card. (1500 CL). And I myself have a Capital One secured credit card with a high utilization percentage. I paid the balance on that card to zero and it will report at the end of the business day today 3/13/2018. BUT just the added American Express card increased my Experian score by 53 POINTS today!! 

Very Excited to see what paying down my balance today and the posting of the Chase Card will do to my scores!

You need 3 to drive your Fico. As soon as you can you want to replace those with your own accounts. Nice going. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, and hopefully there will be some change to the other two reporting agencies in the next few days!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear about your success, OP!

Keep it up and you'll be in the 700 club for real!!

Welcome to the boards!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations! i had no idea that your score can increase by becoming an authorized user. i should get on my fathers discover card!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Got excited about the changes and took your suggestions to heart. Applied for a capital one platinum visa (Unsecured) and was pre approved for a 300 dollar limit! After finishing the application Capital One informs you on what score they used for calculation and it was Experian WITH A SCORE OF 637!! So I went from 510 Exp. Earlier this week to 637 with just a few changes over the past month!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news to read. I know all situations are different, which is why you went up 53 points and I may not see such a rise due to other negatives on my report, but I added myself on my mother's new Chase Freedom Unlimited card of $4.5k CL and her new Amex Everyday card of $10k CL. Plus what I paid off this month on my CO'ed Cap1 card. I wish I can see 50+ point rise but I will take 20-30 point increase across the board if I can even get that.

Congrats.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.