Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User the More the Better?

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Authorized User the More the Better?

@icloud987 wrote:

Thank you for your advice.

As far as diversity, I currently have CC and Student loans. I can't think of anything else to add, I am not ready to buy a house yet. Do you recommend anything else that is beneficial for rebuilding and I can get as a student and low 600 scores?

I remember someone in the forum told me a student loan is an installment loan, and I do plan to pay it down monthly. 

No, as mentioned above, all you can do is just give it time. You have a good credit mix, and yes student loans count as an installment.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 13
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@icloud987 wrote:

Hi,

I have settled all my debts with the help of everyone's advice, thank you, everyone.

I have one question about rebuilding.

I got 3 credit cards of my own, 2 are secured cards: capital one, and open sky, the other one was unsecured cards from my past (it was never closed ).

I took out some student loan as my installment loan and play to pay the full monthly payment on it just to help me rebuild, this is the only debt currently . 

My SO is willing to add me to her credit cards as AU, she's added me on her 3 credit cards so far, would it be beneficial if she adds me on more cards as AU ? Or there is no need for adding me to more cards?

(Her utilization of all her cards is very low and she pays it off monthly. )

My current score is  613 with 3 credit bureau. My goal is to get to a decent/good score in 20 months to buy a house.

If there is anything else I should be doing to serve this purpose better, please advise.

Thanks. 

If the purpose of this question is to prepare you for purchasing a home, have you asked in the Mortgage section?  FICO 5/4/2 scores are a tad bit different from FICO8 scores.

FICO 5/4/2 scores are VERY SENSITIVE to the following:

1.  Recent Activity (both in terms of inquiries and new accounts....and "recent" typically means "12 months" in FICO8 but typically means "18 months" in FICO 5/4/2).

2.  Utilization

3.  Accounts with Balances  (this is where AZEO - all zero except one - can really help you).

If I might, I suggest that you spend some time in the Mortgage forum as well as this one.  Just be clear in both posts that you have a post in "Credit Rebuild" and a post in "Mortgages" (so that everyone knows.....maybe include a link in each post 'to the other post'?  I do not know if that creates any problems for you.  Can someone offer advice on that?  Now that I read this outloud, I am sure that having two posts on essentially the same thing is frowned upon.....so what do we do here?).

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
icloud987
Contributor

Thank you so much, your reply is very enlightening. I didn't notice there was a mortgage forum. I will check that one out. I didn't get to spend much time learning on the forum, my coursework has been very heavy, glad you told me about the difference in Fico Score.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.