Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User???

tag
Jane_O
New Contributor

Authorized User???

Hi Everyone,

I'm about a month into my credit repair journey and have been asking questions here and there on the boards.

This morning my mom and I called Chase to add me to her Chase Slate credit card s an AU. We did it hoping that increases my score because I understand that her entire credit history will be reported to all the CB's for me. While speaking to the CSR, I asked her if this would be the case. She told me that it wouldn't. Did I do the correct thing? I did it because I need my scores to go up quickly because I'm trying to qualify for a mortgage.

This is my history:

I'm 32 years old. My oldest account is 12 yrs and 7 months. My AAOA is 4 years. I have 34 open trade lines, 10 of them being installment loans. Out of these 10 installment loans, 2 of them are my student loans, which I have had open for 7 years and never late. One if them is my lease, never late. The others are closed car loans and two of my university loans before I consolidated. One of which Toyota reported one 30 day late in 2007.

I have about 25k in my revolving account limits, currently waiting on all the cards to report and will have about 5% utilization. Cap1 is reporting one 90 day late in 2006 and one 30 day in may 2005.

I have one unpaid collection for $116, which I sent a PFD yesterday for and a paid Midland collection that I sent a GW letter last week. I have a charge off from having my ex's lease in my name, when it was returned it was way over miles and I didn't pay the $8,000 overage. I don't exactly know what I should do about this one. This happened 9 months ago. Lastly, two remaining inquiries.

The only FICO scores I know are EQ 630 and TU 617. I really want to get to 680 to qualify for the mortgage.

My question is, did I do the right thing adding myself to my moms card that currently has a $3,600 balance with a $12,000 CL? The card is 20 years and NEVER late. Would I get her entire history?

Also, would this give me a big boost, given my history above???

Thanks!!!!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jane_O
New Contributor

Re: Authorized User???

The 30 day cap1 is from may 2010*
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It could help you and yes, you get the cards history instantly.  I am not sure what the CSR meant when she said no, unless they do not report.  You also get the cards utilization.

Message 3 of 5
Jane_O
New Contributor

Do you think i'll get a huge boost or just a teeny tiny one (given my history)???

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is really hard to predict.  Given other negatives on your account such as CAs and COs you may see something.  It also depends on your overall utilization.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.