Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users how long does it take to show

tag
soxcited
New Contributor

Re: Authorized Users how long does it take to show

@Anonymous wrote:

soexcited, Im in the same boat as you. I was put on as a AU on discover 04-05-10 and still not reporting. It was my dada card and we have the same last name but different address. They did not ask for my SS# at the time either. I hoping that it is reported this month being that the first is the billing cycle. I will let you know if or when it reflect on my report being that we were both added as AU's about the same time.

not to steal the thread but in my case the CRAs updated my address with the address of the main user (we live at different addresses) but the account still does not show up in my CR.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 47
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

I was just added as an Authorized User on a Capital One card, and within two weeks, it was reflected on my credit report.  HOWEVER, for some reason, when my credit report summarizes my score,  it is not factoring the contents of this card.

For instance:  The credit limit on this card is $15k (which is being reported).  When my monitoring service gives me my FAKO score, along with the factors making up my score, one of the factors is:

"You have a low credit limit"..............there is no way a $15k credit limit CC would be considered "Low Credit Limit"

Also, when it shows me a graph of my Debt Ratio,  It shows that I'm almost 100% utilized.  However, the $15K CC has a balance of $300.   I have three other cards being report, 2 of which are store cards which don't have any balance, and my one credit card has a $500 limit and is max, but I pay it off every month.

Does it take time after the credit card is being reflected on my credit report  that they get factored into your score?

Message 12 of 47
mauve
Valued Contributor

ummm....I don't think people here know what the deal is with FAKO scores because they're generally considered irrelevant.  Now if you were having that trouble with a FICO, that would be something that would be really confusing.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 47
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

Where can I get a FICO Score?

Message 14 of 47
mauve
Valued Contributor

transunioncs.com, or here - you can order your EQ and your TU score reports here for $15.95 apiece OR you can sign up for ScoreWatch for a minimum of 3 months to get EQ (and some monitoring) or to the quarterly monitoring for TU.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 47
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mauve wrote:

transunioncs.com, or here - you can order your EQ and your TU score reports here for $15.95 apiece OR you can sign up for ScoreWatch for a minimum of 3 months to get EQ (and some monitoring) or to the quarterly monitoring for TU.

If you buy either Equifax or Transunion scores here at myfico I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 16 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxcited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

soexcited, Im in the same boat as you. I was put on as a AU on discover 04-05-10 and still not reporting. It was my dada card and we have the same last name but different address. They did not ask for my SS# at the time either. I hoping that it is reported this month being that the first is the billing cycle. I will let you know if or when it reflect on my report being that we were both added as AU's about the same time.

not to steal the thread but in my case the CRAs updated my address with the address of the main user (we live at different addresses) but the account still does not show up in my CR.

I added my name as an authorized user on my wife's Discover card on 5/01 (via web site/ no SSN entered). Her Discover account and history appeared under Experian on my credit report on 5/5. I did not see any change in my FAKO score from USAA monitoring. I will continue to watch for any changes.

Message 17 of 47
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxcited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I added my name as an authorized user on my wife's Discover card on 5/01 (via web site/ no SSN entered). Her Discover account and history appeared under Experian on my credit report on 5/5. I did not see any change in my FAKO score from USAA monitoring. I will continue to watch for any changes.

Keep us updated on the other scores. I don't think PLUS scores factor in AUs, unlike FICO scores.

Message 18 of 47
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

GL with piggybacking

Message 19 of 47
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxcited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  I use Equifax's Gold Watch and my score didn't change either.  Hopefully it just takes time for it to be calculated into the score.

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.