cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Payoff...possible to get removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Payoff...possible to get removed?

To keep it simple, I have an auto loan that has 5 negatives Marks on it, asked for goodwill time and time again but they wouldn't budge. So now I am sending them a check to payoff the auto loan and clear the whole balance

You guys think they will be more than likely to either remove the lates or delete the auto loan from my reports all together now?

Maybe I should mention the request for removal before I send them the check?

The company is Western Funding 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Payoff...possible to get removed?

If they would not do it when you were a paying customer why would

they do it when you are no longer paying them? Once you pay the loan

off you are no longer an asset to them.

IIRCC Western Funding is a high interest, bad credit lender. If that is the

case it would actually hurt thier business model to help you improve your

credit by forgiving late payment reporting.

Chances of them removing lates or the tradeline is practically ZERO.

The good thing is as your credit file ages the lates become less damaging amd

at 7 years the lates disappear and the account still reports.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

To keep it simple, I have an auto loan that has 5 negatives Marks on it, asked for goodwill time and time again but they wouldn't budge. So now I am sending them a check to payoff the auto loan and clear the whole balance

You guys think they will be more than likely to either remove the lates or delete the auto loan from my reports all together now?

Maybe I should mention the request for removal before I send them the check?

The company is Western Funding 

Highly unlikely, I would continue goodwill requests on a set schedule, odds are as they get older creditors are more ameniable to doing so, Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely helps to request GW on paid accounts and the older the lates are, the more willing they might be to exclude them. I'd send a letter every two weeks for the next 2 years until they get tired of getting your letters and do the adjustment. I did this with BMW, I printed 26 letters, made all the envelopes and from/to and just added a stamp every Thursday (so they arrived Tuesday/Wednesday). Seem to work and they deleted my latest after 3-4 months. 

FYI, in my letters, I never ask for "deletion", I ask for "exclusion", something like this:

Several years ago I had a very difficult financial time and I had a few late payments on one of my accounts with your company. I paid this account off a few years ago and now we are really trying to push for the best interest rate for a new home purchase [or other reason here]. A small credit bump would get me over that new target rate. This account is scheduled to fall off in a few years but I was hoping I didn't have to wait until then to purchase. 

I paid this account off, in full, to show my willingness to maintain a good relationship with your company. I know the Fair Credit Report Act requires the information being reported to be accurate. The FCRA, however, also dictates that is not mandatory to report any information at all and reporting is at the full discretion of the furnisher of information. 

I know the account is being reported accurately and I'm not disputing that, instead, in the interest of customer service and goodwill, would it be possible to request an early exclusion and extend a one-time courtesy to remove this account early from my credit before the full 7 years have passed? [Or request for the late entries individually to be excluded]

This is in full compliance with the Federal Credit Reporting Act as reporting is solely at the discretion of creditors. Is that something you can help with?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.