Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Refi Approval - Rebuild Successes

tag
ak1234
Established Member

Auto Loan Refi Approval - Rebuild Successes

I'm so excited and thankful for all of the info in this forum. 

At the beginning of March I settled 3 CC charge offs and a vehicle repo.  My score was around 526.  1 CC in collections was PFD, the other two with chase are showing closed and on report until 2023.  Vehicle repo is on report until 2025. 

I purchased a car at the end of March and financed $16,851 at 13.84% for 72 month with Ally.  I've paid it down to $14,034 in the last two months.  I was getting frustrated because there was still no tradeline showing for Ally after 3 months.  I reached out to them to see if there is an error and really didn't get much help from them.  I just decided to take a shot and see if I could get approved for a refi.  Today I was approved with Capital One for 60 months at 3.5%!!!  I really can't believe it, especially considering one of the CC charge offs and the repo were Cap One.  

I've opened the card below, Discover, Cap One and Apple I use daily, make sure AZEO at statement dates, the others I opened just to have more available credit.  Current scores are 636/638/649.  (they were a bit higher before the HP for the auto refi and Apple CC I added).  Now I'm just using and paying and waiting for accounts to mature and cards to graduate.  

Discover It Secured - $500 CL - use daily and pay off weekly to report low balance 

Cap One QS unsecured - $500 CL - use daily and pay off weekly to report zero balance 

Apple unsecured - $250 CL - use from time to time and pay off to report zero balance

Fingerhut - $500 - CL - zero balance - don't use

Wayfair - $350 CL - zero balance - don't use

Self CC - $525 -zero balance - don't use 

Any other advice you have to offer is much appreciated.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Refi Approval - Rebuild Successes

Sounds like you're doing about as well as you can given your current circumstances. Just keep chugging along, don't miss any payments, and let time do its thing.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.