cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Repair Bill {8 years old} Dispute due to CA Statute of Limitations of 4 years

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Repair Bill {8 years old} Dispute due to CA Statute of Limitations of 4 years

Hi Folks,

I have an Auto repair bill (transmission repair) that is 8 years old, can't I have this removed due to the CA SOL laws of 6 years?  Funny thing, I don't show anything below stating that it is in NEGATIVE standing or late, or unpaid??  Just say's "Condition: Open", can I get advice on how to have this removed or a sample SOL letter??

Thanks Friends!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Repair Bill {8 years old} Dispute due to CA Statute of Limitations of 4 years

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have an Auto repair bill (transmission repair) that is 8 years old, can't I have this removed due to the CA SOL laws of 6 years?  Funny thing, I don't show anything below stating that it is in NEGATIVE standing or late, or unpaid??  Just say's "Condition: Open", can I get advice on how to have this removed or a sample SOL letter??

Thanks Friends!!!

Why would you want this removed? It doesnt appear to be a negative! It should stay on your CR for 10 years....

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto Repair Bill {8 years old} Dispute due to CA Statute of Limitations of 4 years

If the acount/debt reported is on a repair bill, how/why is it being reporting as a revolving line of credit?

I dont see the connection between owing a bill and your use of a revolving line of credit......

Did you, for example, use a credit card to pay the bill, and were then late on your credit card payments?

Regardless, the expiration of a state SOL has nothing to do with credit report exclusion.

The state SOL determines the period within which a party must initiate legal action if they wish to obtain a judgment ordering payment of a debt.

Credit report exclusion applies to individual derogs reported under an account, and have set exclusion periods as defined under FCRA 605(a), such as 7 years from date of delinquency for a monthly late payment.

Whatever derogs may have previously been reported have apparently all passed their respective exclusion dates, as the posted report does not show any derogs.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.