Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto denial from capital one

tag
DatGalMoe
Valued Member

Auto denial from capital one

I filed Bk7 in February 2018 and discharged that may. I still can’t get back in with capital one. When I fill out an app the automatically denied it without checking my credit. Any ideas on how long it may take to get another card with them?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto denial from capital one

Historically, they have proven to be quick to forgive.

Did you burn them for an astronomical amount? What are the reasons for denial that they provide?
Message 2 of 10
DatGalMoe
Valued Member

It was $600 included in my bankruptcy and I don’t have the exact wording of the denial but it says something similar to “denied to activity on prior account”

Message 3 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

They are forgiving. But lately its been a little tighter to get back in. Some do get back in quicker than others. But theres no set info why that is. Keep trying. It may pop at any time.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My best advice for this is to give time, time. Keep using the cards you do have and pay them on time. As time goes on, check Cap1 prequal tool every so often and see if anything shows up before apping.
Message 5 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Just check their pre-qualification website periodically. Cap1 is one of the most forgiving banks out there - in time, they'll give you another chance.

I had a Cap1 Platinum card (with a $300 limit) in the 2000's, it got charged off and I don't think I ever paid it off.

Still, Cap1 gave me a second chance with new Platinum (with a $1,000 limit) and QS1 cards in the 2010's.

Those got charged off, too. Settled them in January last year.

4 months later, they gave me a Platinum card (for the 3rd time), this time with a $2,500 limit.

Moral of the story is, keep getting your cap1 cards charged off and they'll give you bigger credit limits next time Smiley Very Happy I'm kidding, but seriously though, they are super generous with second (and even third) chances.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 6 of 10
collics
Established Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

Just check their pre-qualification website periodically. Cap1 is one of the most forgiving banks out there - in time, they'll give you another chance.

I had a Cap1 Platinum card (with a $300 limit) in the 2000's, it got charged off and I don't think I ever paid it off.

Still, Cap1 gave me a second chance with new Platinum (with a $1,000 limit) and QS1 cards in the 2010's.

Those got charged off, too. Settled them in January last year.

4 months later, they gave me a Platinum card (for the 3rd time), this time with a $2,500 limit.

Moral of the story is, keep getting your cap1 cards charged off and they'll give you bigger credit limits next time Smiley Very Happy I'm kidding, but seriously though, they are super generous with second (and even third) chances.

Lol that is definitely forgiving. It's like you keep cheating on them and they keep taking you back Smiley LOL

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 7 of 10
DatGalMoe
Valued Member

wow 3 times! I will make sure to be patient and just wait for my time to come. Thanks everyone

Message 8 of 10
Beilin
Established Member

Usually that response given for denial means that there was a returned payment on the account based off of others reporting similar info. Did you have a returned payment with them?
Filed bk7 05/19
Discharged 08/19

Starting FICO8 Scores 05/19:
EX 462 EQ 474 TU 495
Current Scores FICO8 07/20:
EX 651 EQ 672 TU 659
Message 9 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I would think Cap1 would be more upset about the non-payments and subsequent BK7, than about a returned payment.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.