Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloan charge off while deployed but making payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autoloan charge off while deployed but making payments

My husband and I bought a vehicle in 2014. We have never been late on the payment.  He was called to go on a deployment in Jan of 2018. Somehow with his orders moving around his pay got so messed up. We did not receive any more than $500 a month for SIX months! We had a small savings account that was used for necessities and to pay bills, but it ran out quick. 

We were current on the vehicle at the as of Dec 17. Jan 18 payment was missed, a payment was made in Feb 18, and in March We got approved for a 3 month hardship so we did not need to make payments until June/July. In July I made 2 payments. And have continued making double payments every month since. 

We NEVER recieved anything by mail from the bank about our situation. I checked His credit yesterday and it has been listed as a charge off since Feb!!! We are protected by SCRA so they can’t repossess the vehicle, but still report to credit agencies. 

I feel this is innacurate! Every time I try to talk to someone at the bank they transfer me to SCRA. 

SCRA says they can’t help me in setting up payment arrangements. I dont Want payment arrangements. I want This charge off gone. But no one will speak to me. 

If anyone has any advice please help me! My husband had amazing credit before this, and it has tanked. We pay our bills, we were in constant contact with the bank during this time. It wasn’t just my husband with pay issues but an entire brigade. 

How can they do this? What can I do to fix this? Smiley Sad

THANK YOU!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Autoloan charge off while deployed but making payments

This sounds like a good time to start a goodwill campaign. I would just start with the CEO and see if they can get it changed to reporting correctly. I would send letters not emails( or maybe both) to everyone I could find that may have a title that could help sort this out.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Autoloan charge off while deployed but making payments

I wouldn’t even know where to begin with goodwill letters.  According to my records the loan was never over 90 days late. And technically should of only been 60 days seeing as how I made A payment between Jan18-March18 and then the hardship was issued. 

Since it it is a charge off if I write The goodwill letters and by some grace of god something happens would the loan be reinstated? Pay for delete? I dont Even know what to ask for. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.