Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Catastrophe.

tag
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Avoiding Catastrophe.

So I'll make this is brief as possible. I am 31..living with my fiance. She is paying the house payment, and most utilities. I help as much as I can.

I rought bring home $770 per week. Just changed my taxes so maybe I can bring home about $830 a week for the rest of this year.

My utilities 

Her and I phone plan $130

Internet for the house and tv $150

Auto and bike Insurance $$150 per month.

Debts from smallest to biggest and status

Paypal - $267 - account closed...150 days late

Ae - $269 - 150 days late account closed

gamestop $304 - current

Affirm $431 - account open....60 days late

Amazon - $889...account closed...150 days late

Avadian - $832...accoutn closed and charged off. Already recieved a letter from debt collector.

Citi - $1693...account charged off 2 months ago

Capitol one $2462 account charged off and closed 2 months ago

Rise - $2384...current $389 per month

Regional - $2469...account closed...150 days late $150 month

Net Credit - $6210.00..current $390 per month

One main - $7351.00..current $228 per month

Truck $44,462..30 days late...9k in negative $700 per month

Bike #1 is $13,179.00....current  $260 per month.

Biek #2...was $12900...sold last month used the last of my saving to get gone and paid it off.

I was making great money...didn't save..and lost my job. now my income is almost half...and I'm struggling. I'm trying to do everything I can to not file chapter 13. I want to pay my bills, and I have to learn how to manage money.

The problem is the amount of the payments are killing me. If I could get all these small ones knocked out I feel like I could get some steam rolling ahead, even if I just skipped all my other payments for one month.

Chapter 7 isn't an option before anyone suggest that....been there done that 4 years ago. I really realy want to fix my money issues. To the point I'm staying up all night stressed. Also my Fiance does all she can to help I can't ask anymore from her

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Avoiding Catastrophe.

I must say you got a great fiance. Most would have bolted. But since your in this pickle. You can convert your 7 to a 13. If its past 4 yrs. You could qualify. seek a lawyers advice. It is fairly easy to convert your case in most courts. In fact, many courts say that you are absolutely entitled to convert under the Bankruptcy Code, even if one of your creditors or the trustee objects.

In order to convert your case, you will need to do the at least the following:

• File a motion asking for the court's permission.
  • Send the motion to your creditors, the trustee, the U.S. Trustee, as well as any other interested party.
  • Attend a short hearing. You might have to attend the hearing, but if nobody objects to your motion, some courts will simply grant your request without a hearing.

Keep in mind that many courts require you to follow additional rules, so review the local rules published on your court’s website or consult with an attorney familiar with your court’s procedures.

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/bankruptcy/converting-chapter-7-13-case.html

Message 2 of 15
Superk88
Regular Contributor

She is wonderfull.

The thing is she want's me to resort to every means possible before I file a chapter 13. the 7 is done and gone

I really don't wanna file...some of my ideas were to get the little ones gone asap....trade down the truck to something cheaper, cut the bills as quick as possible...example were dropping tv. then just work as much as possible...the charge off just deal with them in a few months.

Message 3 of 15
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Just an update, one thing I need to do is get rid of my truck...problem is its upside down and I can't get a loan to pay the difference. Ir eally just wanna let it go, but that's a bad thing to do.

Message 4 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Even private sale wont cover it?

Message 5 of 15
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Nope, Private sell market is hurtning right now because of all the rebates Ford is now putting on Vehicles

I would have to come up with about 7K...if I had 7K I could improve my finacial situations 10 fold.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you need to file you need to file. It's a noble intention to want to avoid it, but this is a pretty serious mess. 

The catastrophe already occurred . . .a BK is a potential solution and it sounds like the most viable one you have right now.

Go talk to a lawyer.

Message 7 of 15
Superk88
Regular Contributor

I already have and a chapter 13 would work. For some reason she is HELL BENT on me not filing. She sais that it will ruin my credit and we will never be able to have anything together. Everytime I try to lay down the facts she gets mad and brushes them off. She does have a whole lot going on on her plate right now so I try not to push the issues to much.

I know that if I don't file I need to drastically increase my income.

Message 8 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You could say honey if we dont file. We could have lunch after we go to court and have a judgement placed against us and then after the wage garnishment starts we'll be in worse shape than we are now. It's your choice dear. Love you! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 15
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Oh we have had that discussion. She has decided to help out more with the bills and let me get a grasp on things.

Right now, if I could knock out a loan of 2500 that would clean up 400 bucks a month. 

I did consult a second lawyer and he stated that Floridas chapter 13 trustees in this area are very strict. With my situation I'm better off not filing and he would actually help me work on a plan to get out from under this mess.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.