tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Capital one rebuilder program!

Message 1 of 158
157 REPLIES 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Awesome Capital one rebuilder program!

Interesting. Doesn't start reporting until after the credit steps kicks in, so 6 months basically. Miss a payment in the first 5 months and it automatically closes.

I wondered if it was the replacement for the secured card, but I still see that on their list but didn't see this rebuilder. Where did you find it?

Looks great for those that have no other options.

Message 2 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

This isn't a bad deal at all, bowever it doesn't mention about future CLI's after the programs completion. If this thread is still going I would love to hear about someone who completed the programs and whether they could get another increase after ccompletion.

Message 3 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

I annouced this last week sometime and many thought I was nuts because they couldnt find it. 

Message 4 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I annouced this last week sometime and many thought I was nuts because they couldnt find it. 

I think I saw that post. I still couldn't find the card on Cap1's website, only through his link. I'm wondering if the days of their secured card are coming to an end.

Message 5 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were talking about this program a couple days ago

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-quot-Builder-Program-quot-Credit-Card/m-p/4...

There were a few people that announced approvals for this card in that thread so hopefully there'll be some more data in a few months when they start graduating from this program.

It's worth noting that if you already carry a Capital One card you are not eligible for this program.  So keep that in mind.

Message 6 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love that you get an increase after the 5 monthly payments to $500. It's a $100 unsecured line that isn't replacing the secured card (I'm assuming from the way the rep was talking) . The rep on the phone couldn't find it on the siteeither when I was talking to him about it :/ but, at least he knew the program that I was talking about.

Message 7 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I love that you get an increase after the 5 monthly payments to $500. It's a $100 unsecured line that isn't replacing the secured card (I'm assuming from the way the rep was talking) . The rep on the phone couldn't find it on the siteeither when I was talking to him about it :/ but, at least he knew the program that I was talking about.

Has anyone applied yet? If so what were your scores like? If you dont mind me asking. I'd like to apply for this but i'm scared of a denial and then a waste of a hard pull or is this even a hard pull?

Message 8 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone applied yet? If so what were your scores like? If you dont mind me asking. I'd like to apply for this but i'm scared of a denial and then a waste of a hard pull or is this even a hard pull?

A friend recently applied, yes. She was approved with an EQ score that's sub 500. 

Message 9 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom was approved, with limited income. Not sure what her scores are, I'm assuming very low. CCT has a technical error every time she tries to sign up for it
Message 10 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.