cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome Capital one rebuilder program!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Awesome Capital one rebuilder program!

Seems nice but i would wonder if they back date it With the CRA after the credit steps seeing as payment history and it effects AAoA. Id rather have the secured card if it didnt....just my .02

Message 11 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a very good find!

Message 12 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like a pretty good program. It eliminates the issue some people face with the secured card not graduating and having to close one of their oldest accounts in order to get back their deposit. Although $100 is a really low limit it's unsecured and you can look forward to the $500 limit at 6 months of responsible payments.
Message 13 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for this card a month ago and received a $300 credit line with the same 5 monthly payments on time terms. So far so good.

Message 14 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love that you get an increase after the 5 monthly payments to $500. It's a $100 unsecured line that isn't replacing the secured card (I'm assuming from the way the rep was talking) . The rep on the phone couldn't find it on the siteeither when I was talking to him about it :/ but, at least he knew the program that I was talking about.

Has anyone applied yet? If so what were your scores like? If you dont mind me asking. I'd like to apply for this but i'm scared of a denial and then a waste of a hard pull or is this even a hard pull?

A friend recently applied, yes. She was approved with an EQ score that's sub 500. 

wow thanks! I'll give im going to have to give it a shot. I'll keep ya'll updated once i apply

Message 15 of 158
penny_e
Established Member

Dont they call this the Steps card? I have it for hubby, after the 3rd payment I hit luv button and got 1000.00 increase started with a 500 credit line after the 6th payment they increase automatically as long as all payments were made in time.

VICTORIA SECRET $850 MERRICK BANK $950 WALMART $600 AMAZON STORE $800 CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $1500 CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM $800
Message 16 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@penny_e wrote:

Dont they call this the Steps card? I have it for hubby, after the 3rd payment I hit luv button and got 1000.00 increase started with a 500 credit line after the 6th payment they increase automatically as long as all payments were made in time.

No, totally different card.

Message 17 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love that you get an increase after the 5 monthly payments to $500. It's a $100 unsecured line that isn't replacing the secured card (I'm assuming from the way the rep was talking) . The rep on the phone couldn't find it on the siteeither when I was talking to him about it :/ but, at least he knew the program that I was talking about.

Has anyone applied yet? If so what were your scores like? If you dont mind me asking. I'd like to apply for this but i'm scared of a denial and then a waste of a hard pull or is this even a hard pull?

A friend recently applied, yes. She was approved with an EQ score that's sub 500. 

also asana so they only pull eq or is it still all three and your friends highest score just happened to be the sub 500 eq?

Message 18 of 158
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

My son just applied for this card and was approved and his scores are upper 500s.

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 19 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you complete the program are they going to go bavk and report your on time payments for the 6 months that thry weren't reporting ?
Message 20 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.