Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA MULTIPLE LATES DELETED - UPDATE

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

BANK OF AMERICA MULTIPLE LATES DELETED - UPDATE

I posted this yesterday but im not sure what happened to the original post but here it is again. My account with BOA fell really back in payments and was eventually charged off with a balance before the BOA Credit Protection Plus benefit kicked in. However, I was finally approved for the coverage, they paid it and BOA went and pullled back the account from collections and deleted almost a year worth of late payments leaving only one 30day late behind. The screenshot is what the account looks like now - the before and after. Now the problem is the account status still says Charge Off. Is there really something wrong with the reporting and if there is, where should I tackle the problem from? Does it look like a reporting issue I have to confront Bank of America or an error from the Credit Bureaus end I should dispute?? Thanks alot for any tips.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BANK OF AMERICA MULTIPLE LATES DELETED - UPDATE

BoA is where to start with this, if they truly have reversed it all they need to remove any notation of Charge Off and if they dont I would either hire a consumer atty to file suit against boa or file complaint(s) with the CFPB.

Message 2 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Thanks gdale... imma give them a call and see wat's going on. I really hope it's something that can be easily resolved cos I done have alot of fight with my creditors lately lol. But we shall see, this is my last axe to grind...

Message 3 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

*BUMP* been trying to call BOA CP Plus but cant reach them no more all of a sudden. Very weird, what do I do now?? Dispute with the credit bureaus directly or file a CFPB complaint against BOA??

Message 4 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Are you currently using this program? Or is this an old account? I would defiantly talk with BofA to get corrected. Also when someone agrees there is an error get the CSRs name and possibly try for an email admitting there is an error so you will have documentation if you need to dispute with the CRA

Good Luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Yeah im currently enrolled in the program but my coverage would be over by June 2014. However the account that is covered under the benefit protection is currently closed as a charge off. My problem now is I cant even reach the dept. handling my account anymore and it's definitely not what regular CSR can solve cos it's very complicated. I need them to remove the remaining 30days late left and reverse the Charge Off status.... and thanks for the tip, I really appreciate

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.