cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA SECURED CARD GRADUATING

tag
Eddienj

BANK OF AMERICA SECURED CARD GRADUATING

I had my secured boa card for 5-6 months and I called back door number and already was able to graduate, I was just gonna give a few tips that helped my grad so early.. When I called the rep was really impressed on how I use my card a lot and make 4-6 payments a month which looked really good and how responsible I used there 1-2-3 cash card..she asked a few questions then grad me an did say the multiple payments a month looks really strong on your chances of graduating early..after I called and converted the card into the Amex since I will use that a lot for my personal work..hopefully this gives people a better chance of approval
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Re: BANK OF AMERICA SECURED CARD GRADUATING

Congrats! What do you mean 4-6 payments a month did you pay the bills by parts? Can you PM the number you called ?
Samsung mobile
Message 2 of 18
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Okay I understand what you mean you charged your card 4-6 times?
Samsung mobile
Message 3 of 18
ianl33t
Contributor

@creditscoreEE wrote:
Okay I understand what you mean you charged your card 4-6 times?

I believe it is in reference to paying the balance off in four to six payments within the month. For example, $100 balance. Pays $20 five times within the month.

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 18
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Okay I get it i was a little confused on that aspect.
Samsung mobile
Message 5 of 18
cardionrs
Established Member

Congrats!!! I just got my secured card this month with a $2000 limit. That's my plan, let's see if I can graduate just as fast. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
IWOL
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting your card unsecured. I was wondering, do you know what your overall utilization on your credit report was when you asked to unsecure the card? Also what was your TU Fico score.

I've had my B of A Secured card for 9 months and it has a $500 limit. I also make 5 to 6 payments a month straight from my B of A checking so that I can put through around $2k a month in charges.

I tried to get it unsecured last month and I was denied for high utilization whixh was at 27%.

I talked to a rep through secured chat and maybe that was my mistake. I'm thinking I will call the secured department and see if I can have an underwriter review my account and try again. My TU Fico was 667 at the time I made the request.

Message 7 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 18
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats graduating early!

As a community, we also appreciate you sharing tips on how you did this. This is what it is all about. Paying it forward

Message 9 of 18
Eddienj

Sorry I didn't make it clear lol I used the card a lot and make multiple payments of 100-300 each time.. Paid way over my min due
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.