cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA SECURED CARD GRADUATING

tag
Eddienj

Re: BANK OF AMERICA SECURED CARD GRADUATING

My score was around a 675 at time of unsecured when I called..my utilization was actually really high cause I use my cards a lot for my business, sometimes I'm at 10% util or 80%...time of approval for unsecured I was at 79% actually
Message 11 of 18
Eddienj

Never paid bill by parts, I just made a lot of large payments each time
Message 12 of 18
Eddienj

Sorry everyone that I didn't make it clear when I wrote the topic my apology
Message 13 of 18
norhplatter
Established Member

I had a BOA secured card.  After looking through some comments here over the weekend, I called the number on back of card who in turn gave me an 800# to call to see about changing from secured to regular.  The rep I talked to was really nice, asked a couple questions, said she would be right back and put me on hold.  When she returned she said she could see I had done a lot of work on my credit, but had one more questions.  I still have an outstanding court judgement i hadn't paid.  I had had six others all paid.  I explained that the collection agency had a class action lawsuit against them for improper collections, and I was advised not to pay.  She said she just had to document it so I figured oh, well, nice try.  Then she said congratulations and my secured money will be returned within 10 days.  BOA approved the unsecured card.

Message 14 of 18
HopeTo

Do you still have that 800#. I like to see if maybe I can have some luckSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
Eddienj

Sorry haven't been on here yes I'll get the number for u, since my last post I added another boa credit card to my file too, I started with 500 secured now 2 cards over 16k in limits unsecured..866-506-5064 that's the number I called to insecure and also for my cli
Message 16 of 18
Eddienj

The main key I learned with boa is using the card a lot and making lots of payments, I got my secured card in March 2013 and now have 2 unsecured cards a year later with 16k in credit available from Bank of America....also referring to the person that asked my utilization, I was 76% at time of unsecured my card, also when adding a new card and getting my limits to where they are, I was between 40-55% utilization
Message 17 of 18
Eddienj

866-506-5064
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.