Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB Response From LVNV - Need Comments Please

tag
lazerz69
Contributor

Re: BBB Response From LVNV - Need Comments Please

@drkaje wrote:

I've tried three times and something about those dates just doesn't add up.

They do not quite make sense to me either.  Looking for some old docs to see if I can determine what is going on.

Message 11 of 13
lazerz69
Contributor

It seems to me that there is a case for false reporting under the Fair Credit Reporting Act since LVNV has admitted they don't have the proper audit trail. I kind of doubt LVNV will remove the tradeline just because of a BBB complaint, but my follow up (if it was my account) through BBB would be to list the FCRA violation they admitted to in their answer and demand the removal of the tradeline as "baseless" by their own admittance.

pipeguy:  Took your advise as outlined above.  Sent letter via BBB to LVNV identifying all the violations I could find.  I sent the response through BBB requesting the TL be deleted as baseless.

Will kept everyone updated as to what happens.

Message 12 of 13
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I responded to my response to asking them to prove they can collect in my state as they didnt answer that concern in my DV and got a repsonse that they have decided to close the acct and delete.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.