cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB question - which BBB to contact (re Verizon)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

BBB question - which BBB to contact (re Verizon)

I paid my $109 account with Verizon (never got bill but got tired of unsuccessful PFD requests). I sent GW to exec relations and got denied. Exec relations said only national recovery could delete. Contact national recovery and they said only exec relations could delete. Really getting run around. This isn't listed in my collections section of CR but I think some CRA are treating it as one. Since this will be my only collection on CR by end of month I really want it gone. 1. It's status reports as 120 days late but it's paid in full. Should I dispute this? 2. When filing complaint with BBB do you file locally or at BBB in home town of Verizon's HQ?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mrordinary
New Contributor

Re: BBB question - which BBB to contact (re Verizon)

Verizon Wireless is headquartered in NJ. I'd file the complaint with NJ BBB

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 649EQ/640EX/642TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it was 120 late, payment would not compel any deletion of the reporting of the delinquency.  To the contrary, CRA policy is that furnishers should not delete accurate information based on payment of the debt.

A dispute would have to be based on an inaccuracy of the delinquency itself, not any failure to grant deletion based on payment.

What will be your basis for dispute, or in the alternative, complaint to the BBB for impropriety on their part?

Message 3 of 11
JonRun
Regular Contributor

I had a collection with NRS for an AT&T bill a couple months ago. I paid AT&T and they said they would get it deleted. They were unsuccessful. I called NRS and talked to a nice lady who deleted it for me. I guess it's just the luck of the draw on who you talk to.
Message 4 of 11
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Under current status it says 120 days late. It's not late anymore but paid. Status should say paid and they can add comment it was 120 days late

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure you are addressing the right entity, as they are seperate. Verizon Landline Corp is based out of NY, while Verizon Wireless Copr is based out of NJ.
Message 6 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There are two status codes involved.

Current status is a mix of delinquency levels and payment status.

When an account has a current delinquency status of, in your example, 120-late and is then paid, the current status is update to paid.

The status prior to payment is then retained under the Payment Rating status, which reflects its level of delinquency when paid.

Correct reporting should be a current status of paid, and a payment rating status of 120 late.

It's kinda a matter of which deck chair it is moved to, but it is still a correct account status.

If not correctly reported as such, then it is disputable, but the result wont affect the continued presence of a 120 late payment status.

Message 7 of 11
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

It's Verizon and they are not budging on GW. So I'm going to make everything about this account a pain in the rear end. I'm going to flood them with letters and calls. If they will not budge then I'm going to be the fly in the ointment.

Message 8 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I like it!

A bad-will deletion!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @ "bad-will deletion"
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.