Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Goodwill

I am currently working on rebuilding my credit after BK (almost 1 year post) and I sent out several goodwill letter to have some late payments removed. 

Bank of America got back to me (I had one late with them) and they said they couldn't do anything about it because a BK was filed, and they don't have access anymore? Is this true? 

Has anyone been successful getting late payments removed for accounts that were included in BK?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Goodwill

@Anonymous wrote:

I am currently working on rebuilding my credit after BK (almost 1 year post) and I sent out several goodwill letter to have some late payments removed. 

Bank of America got back to me (I had one late with them) and they said they couldn't do anything about it because a BK was filed, and they don't have access anymore? Is this true? 

Has anyone been successful getting late payments removed for accounts that were included in BK?

This is really a waste of time as the account was IIB so removing the lates isnt like getting them removed from an account open or closed in good standing. You want them to remove the whole account not the lates if you are going to ask for anything at all. As to them not having access anymore that isnt true at all.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I should be seeing if they will remove the whole account that was IIB? Will that help my score?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA is a super tough cookie and I havent been able to get them to budge and I don't have a bk. Just an old paid charge off. NO luck for me over the last two years.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.