Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE BYE AFNI !!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BYE BYE AFNI !!!!

I just received the following e-mail form AFNI, my last baddie on EQ. They are finally going away. I have fought and fought with them. They never responded to my DV, but did verify with the CRA's. After calling them out on Texas laws, stating they have to respond within in 30 days, and the fact they are not licensed in Texas, I finally got this response.

"This is in response to your letter to Afni, Inc., regarding the above referenced matter. It is Afni’s desire to work with consumers to assist them in resolving the questions and concerns that they may have about their accounts.  In that regard, Afni, Inc. has agreed to cease collections efforts on the underlying account and close our file.  This does not indicate that the account was not due and owing, simply that Afni is ceasing collections on the same.  Afni has requested that information pertaining to the underlying account by removed by the credit reporting agencies.  You will receive written notice of that request by US mail, but should be advised that the credit reporting agencies may take up to 60 days to reflect any changes made to your credit report.  As Afni is a third party collection agency with respect to this matter, the account will be returned to the original creditor, Dish Network (Echostar), and you are advised to seek further and final resolution of the account from the creditor directly.  "

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
keithc
Regular Contributor

Re: BYE BYE AFNI !!!!

i wish they would do this to my acct!! all i do is fight with them!!!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!! You deserve a medal for this. Smiley Happy They seem so stubborn.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you send them???...in regards to Texas law...did you just include that in a DV letter???...
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, CONGRATS!!!! I have heard of so many people not having too much success with them.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I e-mailed them the 2nd DV letter, and added the Texas statutes regarding the 30 day validation, and the fact that they must be bonded in the state of Texas, which I could find no record of. They had also updated my CR's within the 30 day window for validation. I called them out on this violation. I sent this to them on Friday, and they responded this morning.  Now it's time to move on to Portfolio Recovery, and MJ Hecker & Assoc., that are reporting on TU and EXP. I have DV'd both, Portfolio responded with an invoice on their letter head with my name and the OC on it, but that's it. MJ Hecker never responded, I'm going to go after them in the same manner as AFNI, we'll see how that works out.
Message 6 of 20
jwillvin
Valued Member

GREAT JOB!! I ALSO HAVE A COLLECTION WITH THEM, HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND OUT IN WHAT STATES THEY CAN LEGALLY COLLECT?
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what other states they are allowed to collect in, but I went to Texas AG site, and it gives a link to companies that are bonded in Texas, AFNI was not.
Message 8 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Score one for the good guys!!
Message 9 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jwillvin wrote:
GREAT JOB!! I ALSO HAVE A COLLECTION WITH THEM, HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND OUT IN WHAT STATES THEY CAN LEGALLY COLLECT?

You'd have to did around within each state's website and you'll typically find the requirements for a CA. Not every state requires licensing, though. VA doesn't, for example.

If you PM me I can let you know or start a new post.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.