Did you mean: 

BYE BYE AFNI !!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BYE BYE AFNI !!!!

@llecs wrote:

@jwillvin wrote:
GREAT JOB!! I ALSO HAVE A COLLECTION WITH THEM, HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND OUT IN WHAT STATES THEY CAN LEGALLY COLLECT?

You'd have to did around within each state's website and you'll typically find the requirements for a CA. Not every state requires licensing, though. VA doesn't, for example.
If you PM me I can let you know or start a new post.

Ohio doesn't either.
Message 11 of 20
jwillvin
Valued Member

Thanks! I live in Ohio so I guess they can.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG, this is the best news I've heard today!!! 

I've been cleaning up my credit since Jan 08' and I'm almost in the 700 club, so please, if you would, share with me, how I could go about finding out if AFNI is bonded in a specific state.

Thanks.
Message 13 of 20
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is good news.

So from what i'm understanding (my home state of record is Texas) a CA can not legally collect on a debt if they are not bonded to collect in Texas?

v/r
JShidell

Message 14 of 20
Hope
Valued Member

I went to my states website to find out if a license is required here, it is, and they were licensed in MA. They are licensed here so I was a little disappointed. I think this is a great angle to approach though. I have to think of another approach to rid myself of AFNI.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

JShidell wrote:

So from what i'm understanding (my home state of record is Texas) a CA can not legally collect on a debt if they are not bonded to collect in Texas?

v/r
JShidell

If your state requires a CA to be licensed and/or bonded and they are not, then they can not collect.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope wrote:

I went to my states website to find out if a license is required here, it is, and they were licensed in MA. They are licensed here so I was a little disappointed. I think this is a great angle to approach though. I have to think of another approach to rid myself of AFNI.

Look for discrepancies in the reporting among the three CRAs, especially reaging and "factoring company account".  Check SOL before doing anything with them.
Message 17 of 20
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

sidewinder wrote:

JShidell wrote:

v/r
JShidell

If your state requires a CA to be licensed and/or bonded and they are not, then they can not collect.

Okay so i'm assuming that Texas is one of these states, based off this thread.  I've been searching the AG website but unable to find the information on Licensed and/or Bonded CA's.  Where can I find this informaiton?

Also could this information be helpful in removing CA accounts on my credit that i've already paid? 
As you are aware I was not educated on the whole licensed and bonded information per state.
Its great information to know when fighting some CA's.  Can I use this information as leverage on my GW letters to the accounts that have been paid but where not bonded to collect in Texas?

I also have AFNI on my reports, but i've already paid them and the account has been closed.  I've been sending weekly GW letters via fax to them but have had no luck.  Maybe with this information I can get them to remove, but I might be to late being that i've already paid.

Thanks for your help.

v/r
JShidell
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JShidell wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JShidell wrote:

v/r
JShidell

Okay so i'm assuming that Texas is one of these states, based off this thread.  I've been searching the AG website but unable to find the information on Licensed and/or Bonded CA's.  Where can I find this informaiton?

Also could this information be helpful in removing CA accounts on my credit that i've already paid? 
As you are aware I was not educated on the whole licensed and bonded information per state.
Its great information to know when fighting some CA's.  Can I use this information as leverage on my GW letters to the accounts that have been paid but where not bonded to collect in Texas?

I also have AFNI on my reports, but i've already paid them and the account has been closed.  I've been sending weekly GW letters via fax to them but have had no luck.  Maybe with this information I can get them to remove, but I might be to late being that i've already paid.

Thanks for your help.

v/r
JShidell

What he said!

Also, I have this phrase on my CR "factoring company account" What does that mean?
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.occc.state.tx.us/pages/searches.html

Is this where I could find out if CA is lic?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.