cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer to lower largest CL util at temp full util of another?

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Balance transfer to lower largest CL util at temp full util of another?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah yes! It's the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Amex.

Called Amex and couldn't get an IR reduction. Working on a GW to Citi today for the 3 30 days on my CR. Hopefully that works and then finally I can reduce my crazy high rates!

I believe that the Delta card are charge cards? @Anonymous 

While your raw $ owed to Amex reduces you should see your score increase, because there are raw $ thresholds, too, but my understanding is that charge cards do not factor into utilization. It is not a true revolver. 

Although, now thay I think of it, Delta does give a CL, so maybe it is a revolver. Someone chime in please lol maybe it is just the Green, Gold/Rose Gold, and Platinum rhat are charge cards. Then the Delta card would factor into your util.

All Delta cards are revolvers so are currently contributing to utilization. 

Only green, gold and platinum are charge cards.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no idea, but I don’t believe that they contribute to revolving Balances either, just overall total balance.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Really??

Credit Karma counts it towards utilization but that's CK and also Vantage. Based on recent 'high util on revolving accounts' flags from CLIs, I would assume it does count towards both individual and aggregate util, as it's my only account utilized "high" right now...

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Really??

Credit Karma counts it towards utilization but that's CK and also Vantage. Based on recent 'high util on revolving accounts' flags from CLIs, I would assume it does count towards both individual and aggregate util, as it's my only account utilized "high" right now...

@Anonymous you misunderstood me I misspoke or I didn't speak clearly enough. What I meant was I had no idea what a delta was whether it was a chargecard or a revolver. And I was saying charge cards do not contribute to revolving utilization or revolving balances. Yours is a Revolver so it contributes to both. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Likely my fault, tired.

Follow you now. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.