Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Goodwill results....they just called me today

tag
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Goodwill results....they just called me today

I had a 30 day late from BOA when I was laid off in 2009.  I sent them a goodwill letter very similar to the templates that I found on this site.  They just called me today and said they received the letter but unfortunately they cannot remove the late. 

They told me to call the CRA's and send that same letter to them and then they will put a comment on my CR.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Goodwill results....they just called me today

Honestly your chances of GW from them aren't good.  If the account is closed,  I would just leave it be since a single 30 day late's effect on your score will start to fade after a few years and it most like won't keep you out of the 760+ club.

If the account is still open, you can try to send them a GW letter but IMHO in either case I would just leave it be.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 19
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

There are several 30 day lates on this account in succession since at that time they gave me the option of becoming current by extending the loan.

Why were they telling me to call the credit bureaus?  I thought you want to avoid putting comments on your credit report?

Message 3 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

Comments  on your CR have no effect on your FICO score and from my own experince are ignored by lenders.  If they will remove the lates if you extend the loan, I might be temmpted to do it otherwise just PIF the account as fast as you can and then scok drawer the card, using it every few months for a small purchase you PIF.

I hate BofA and IMHO their offer won't remove the lates.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 19
iCoop
Regular Contributor

I sent in GW letters and never got a call from BofA so I emailed the CEO and got a call back the next day from the executive office. Unfortunately they said the same thing that they will not be able to remove the TL from my credit report or take off the negatives showing from the TL. The account is closed and I don't plan on ever opening another Bank of America credit card.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 19
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

This was an auto loan.  The 30 day lates are a year old.  I am current now.  My understanding is that the 30 day lates are irrelevant after 2 years so do you think I should just wait it out?

Message 6 of 19
pakman92
Established Contributor

FYI, I had sucess with a closed BOA TL with multiple lates.  I had the entire TL removed.  Success came via sending a GW letter via e-mail to their CEO.  Google "BoA CEO e-mail"   Their executive something something office contacted me and removed the entire TL.    Lates were pretty old tho.  4+ years.

Good luck.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 7 of 19
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, I will try this.

Message 8 of 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ pacman92,

I believe that only works with accounts inactive long enough to have been purged from their system.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 19
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

My account is currently active and I will pay the last installment in February 2013.  The lates are due to my unemployment which I have documentation of my unemployment benefits.  Do you think they will help me out?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.