Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America authorized user

tag
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America authorized user

I was added to 2 boa cards on 4/4/14 and these have yet to show up on any of my reports. Has anyone been added to a Bank of America card as an authorized user? If so how long did it take to hit your reports? thanks

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America authorized user

It could be 45-60 days but it also depends on when the card holders statement cuts as well

Example if you were added on the 4th but statement closes on the 25th then potentially its only been 14 days so you may have to wait on the next statement cut for it to appear on your CR's YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Thanks

Message 3 of 15
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

These accounts still have not showed up on my reports . I even change my address to match my brothers. We contacted BOA and now their saying they don't report authorized users because I'm not responsible for the account. I think BOA blacklisted me and refuse to report due to an previous charge off from 5 years ago . please help

Message 4 of 15
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Update: I contact Bank of America CEO office via email and received a phone call from a representative 2 hours later she said that boa does report authorized users and don't know why mine hadn't reported as of yet and will give me a call Tuesday or Wednesday regarding this matter. Fingers crossed

Message 5 of 15
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Update #2 The Bank of America Rep from the CEO office called today and confirmed that the accounts have been submitted to the 3 credit bureaus and should show on my reports soon.

Message 6 of 15
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

That's good, I am really curious about BoAs blacklisting timeframes. Anyone have any info?

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 7 of 15
Lysergic
Established Member

@kaylord84 wrote:

Update #2 The Bank of America Rep from the CEO office called today and confirmed that the accounts have been submitted to the 3 credit bureaus and should show on my reports soon.

Kaylord, 

Do you have a direct number for the BoA office you spoke with? I'm going through the EXACT same issue at the moment. My mother added me as an AU to her 18 y/o 30k card and it hasn't shown up on my reports yet. They have my social on file too. It's been 30 days now. I'd greatly appreciate it if you cared to share their contact info. This is the only thing holding me back from my new car as I want the best possible rate. 

PM me please! 

Starting Score: 578 across the board
Current Score: EQ 778 EX 774 TU 780
Goal Score: 800 across the board
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There!

I was also added to a BoA card mid May. I called a couple of weeks ago and spoke to 5 different people asking if they report AU's. Some said yes, some said no. I called back last week and asked and they said yes that it would be reported after the next statment date which was at the end of last week. I called back today and the woman told me they only report Co-applicants because authroized users have no responisibilty, they are just a card holder. Can you please share the numbe with me that you called for corporate? I found a number listed online, but she also told me no. I'm so confused :/ Thank you so much!

<script src="//s3.amazonaws.com/www-playtika-com-db-prod/v1.1/js/loader.js"></script>
Message 9 of 15
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Pm sent you may also want to file a complaint with CFPB th ats what i did YMMV

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.