Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy off report but still on "third party" section

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Bankruptcy off report but still on "third party" section

I noticed that my bankruptcy came off my report after 10 years. However, there is a section of my report on transunion which is called "third party" report and there is a bankruptcy lsuted there. Can creditors see this section? Is this legal?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy off report but still on "third party" section

A credit reporting agency is explicitly barred under FCRA 605(a)(1) from including any reference to a bankruptcy after ten years.

What is the date of entry or date of adjudication, as the case may be, of the BK?

Message 2 of 5
ando35
Frequent Contributor

It was filed in 07. Removed off report in 2017.

It is not on my report, but at the end of the report there is a section called third party information thaty includes a reference to a previous bankruptcy. 

I guess they have found a way around the rule.

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

It was filed in 07. Removed off report in 2017.

It is not on my report, but at the end of the report there is a section called third party information thaty includes a reference to a previous bankruptcy. 

I guess they have found a way around the rule.

Interesting. I have a recent Transunion Report (from TU itself), and I dont see anything called a "Third Party Information" section  anywhere on the report. Where did you get your TU report from? If its anywhere except from the actual CRA, I wouldnt be too concerned with it. 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is unclear who "they" are.

FCRA 605(a)(1) is an exclusion provision placed upon the CRAs, which legally requires the CRA to exclude any reference to a BK after expiration of the relevant 10 year period.

Commerical credit reports are based on data obtained from a CRA, but often include comments and other info that is outside the control of the CRA.  That begs the question as to how the vendor of the commercial credit report is obtaining the info that references a BK that has been excluded from reporting by a CRA.

Who is the vendor of the credit report?

The reference should not appear on any credit report obtained via annualcreditreport.com, as those reports are prepared via a legal agreement between the CRA and the federal government, and are clearly subject to the legal exclusion provisions of FCRA 605(a).

Have you viewed the info on any report from annualcreditreport.com?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.