Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy showing on my credit that i never filed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy showing on my credit that i never filed

So I been dealing with a BK thats showing on my credit from 3 years ago. I never filed this I filed police report and ftc affidiavit and sent it to all 3 credit bearus and equifax removed it. the other 2 experian and transunion keep  saying its mine. I filed a complaint with cfpb and they responded back its mine also.

IS there any executive office number this is hurting me bad.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy showing on my credit that i never filed

@RobertEG can probably cite the law best, but at this point you should start building your paper trail so you can file lawsuits.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy showing on my credit that i never filed

What was the basis for the CFPB finding that the BK was yours?

Did you ever file a formal dispute with the CRA?

Once a dispute is filed and the accuracy of the information has been verified in a Notice of REsults of REinvestigation, you then obtain the right to bring your own civil action contesting the reasonableness of that investigation.   FCRA 623(c).

Resolution of a civil action will mandate that they provide proofs of your filing of a BK, unlike resolution of a dispute or a CFPB complaint, which does not mandate a full discovery process.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.