Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Closed Account Advice

tag
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Barclay Closed Account Advice

Hi everyone. 

I have a Barclays account in collections. $2400. I will have funds to pay it Friday. Here are my questions. Should I pay then get a gw? Ask for a pfd first? 

I need advice from someone who has been in my shoes or has experience with barclays!!

Thanks all!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Closed Account Advice

The OC has no reason to offer PFD if the chargeoff is still within SOL for suing.

Paying them and attempting GW later is usually the best option.

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are both the creditor and the debt collector reporting, or only one or the other?

Any PFD or good-will is directed only to the party who reported.  If either did not report, then there is no issue of any deletion.

Additionally, if the creditor has sold the debt to the debt collector, there is no issue of any payment to the creditor, and thus no PFD offer.

Who is reporting, and who now owns the debt?

Message 3 of 9
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Barclay has the account

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

Barclay has the account

Best pay it quick before a CA gets hold of it, then both will report.

Pay what you owe them.

Message 5 of 9
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

I'm 100% paying then. I just want it off my account after or reported as closed without showing all the negatives 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

I'm 100% paying then. I just want it off my account after or reported as closed without showing all the negatives 

Pay it first then we will worry about your goodwill strategy.

Message 7 of 9
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Thanks!! I paid off credit one..they deleted tradeline and so their did their creditor resurgent.... first premier and capital one won't. Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:

Thanks!! I paid off credit one..they deleted tradeline and so their did their creditor resurgent.... first premier and capital one won't. Any suggestions?

Just continue to be respectful in your goodwill letters. You may have to beg alot harder than you have been. Use the words "I'm begging you". 

I hope your goodwill letters are in your own words and your not using some generic template that they have seen a hundred times. Your goodwill letter should be bringing tears to whoever is reading it..........

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.