Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards Rejection

tag
jenne223
New Contributor

Barclay Rewards Rejection

Hi all,

I am trying to rebuild my credit.  I had apped for this card a few months ago and on recon the customer rep said to get the repo "paid off" on my report and they will see about getting me a card.  Now that the repo is off my report, I just apped again 2 days ago and the online message said "10 days".  I immediately checked the application status and it was a denial.  I called yesterday for a recon and this time the lady tells me that my oldest card, a Cap1 ($300 limit) had late payments (the last one is over 1 year old).  My other Cap 1 ($300) is still new and then I have a low limit walmart card ($150 new), macy's ($600 new) and Bloomingdales ($800 new).  So she said that I need to wait so that they can see that I can pay my cards (all have been paid no lates).  She couldn't give me a time frame either.  I am trying very hard to be patient, as I had messed up credit and now i've raised my scores about 100 points.  It's low 630's and I know that is low, but for me its the highest I've ever been. 

Many people seem to have success with these recon's, should I try again for another recon or should I just leave it be?  The rep also mentioned that I had recently applied for credit, and that's is true.  I'm trying to get one prime card to give me a chance...

Disappointed...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards Rejection

You need to have a little more patience.

While you are rebuilding you have to let your new accounts age some. Show responsibility in handling the cards.

You mentioned several new accounts and still a lower credit score. Let them age 6 months to a year, and while trying to apply for a prime card dont jump to the biggest prime cards, possibly start by joing a CU and applying with them first.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
jenne223
New Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards Rejection

ok I will sit tight.  I have joined Alliant and will just continue to see if my score improves.

thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.