cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay - first new cc after rebuild (includes some "what are my chances" info)

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay - first new cc after rebuild (includes some "what are my chances" info)

it depends what your profile looks like, AA tends to happen with borderline profiles. If you want to make barclay's happy transfer a balance from one of your other cards. Just imagine that for the first 6 months Barclay's wants to be the prettiest girl at the dance. I waited 6 months to add new inq's becasue my profile was close. Added a j.crew card they didn't do anything, and just got a discover it, so not super worried about barclay's anymore. lol today I ALMOST talked the chase freedom underwriter in to giving me a card, so close, Barclay would be so mad at me for opening a Discover and a Chase card after them.

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 11 of 12
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay - first new cc after rebuild (includes some "what are my chances" info)

Unfortunately I can't speak to the above question about inquiries because I'm brand-spanking-new with Barclays, but from what I've read I don't think I'll be applying for any new cc's anytime soon - especially since I just got some really good news that I wanted to share!

So earlier I mentioned that I would try calling them to ask for a higher starting credit limit. I did that this morning, and it worked! They increased me from 1k to 3k, with no additional hard pull. The analyst could not have been nicer, just asked me some work and income verification (title, how long I've worked here, salary), and had a couple clarifying questions about an old derogatory. I'd gone into the call planning to ask for 2.5k (to match my other cc) and would have been happy with 2k, so this felt like a big win!

I've now got more than enough credit for at least 6 months, and am really grateful for all the insight and support I've gotten from this forum (especially you, buildafico!)

Happy Monday, all!

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.