cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's CO assigned to Northland Group is it included in my utilization??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's CO assigned to Northland Group is it included in my utilization??

I have a Barclay's juniper credit card charge off from 2011.  It's still reporting a balance of $2065 on my credit reports.  I contacted barclay's  but they said the account has been assigned (not sold) to TranAmerica/Northland.   They still own the account.  Is this hurting my score.. should I make a priority to get this paid asap? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's CO assigned to Northland Group is it included in my utilization??

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Barclay's juniper credit card charge off from 2011.  It's still reporting a balance of $2065 on my credit reports.  I contacted barclay's  but they said the account has been assigned (not sold) to TranAmerica/Northland.   They still own the account.  Is this hurting my score.. should I make a priority to get this paid asap? 

If Barclay is reporting it with a CL then it most likely is included in your CC utilization. I would attempt the PFD especially if its updating monthly

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely. Unpaid CO's still held by the OC are the worst thing you can have on your reports. Not only do they hit your payment history AND your UTI% (65% of scoring total), they can spawn collections and judgments.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can contact the debt collector and make them a pay for not reporting offer, thus avoiding addition of a collection.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys! I had a windfall and decided to go ahead and pay the balance to Northland. So hopefully Barclay's will update the account to "Paid Charge Off" with a zero balance sometime this month..   Thanks again for the knowledge sharing.. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.