Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CC success

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Barclays CC success

So my wife was included in our Ch 7 bankruptcy that was discharged in April of this year. I recently got her a secured CC from a local credit union to start rebuilding her credit along with mine. Several pre-approved CC offers have arrived in the mail but I three them all out because of the ridiculous annual fees they charge. Today I saw an offer from Barclays so I went online and accepted the offer. She was approved for $1300 CL with no annual fee. Now we are both going to be gardening for the next year as we prepare to buy another house. 

If its one thing we need in our credit rebuilding journey is ... PATIENCE!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays CC success

@ezdriver wrote:

So my wife was included in our Ch 7 bankruptcy that was discharged in April of this year. I recently got her a secured CC from a local credit union to start rebuilding her credit along with mine. Several pre-approved CC offers have arrived in the mail but I three them all out because of the ridiculous annual fees they charge. Today I saw an offer from Barclays so I went online and accepted the offer. She was approved for $1300 CL with no annual fee. Now we are both going to be gardening for the next year as we prepare to buy another house. 

If its one thing we need in our credit rebuilding journey is ... PATIENCE!

Congrats 

I hope to see both of you in the garden to grow those new TL's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
KevinBlock55
Established Member

May I ask your scores? I am currently rebuilding and have not checked my scores in some time. I had many chargeoffs from 2007-2008 but have had 2 tradelines with Cap1 at 5% UTIL that are about 2 years old. I'm really considering coming out of gardening (1.5yrs) to apply for this card...

Message 3 of 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

I agree with MJ, I hope to see you in the Garden and letting your little seedling grow

Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@KevinBlock55 wrote:

May I ask your scores? I am currently rebuilding and have not checked my scores in some time. I had many chargeoffs from 2007-2008 but have had 2 tradelines with Cap1 at 5% UTIL that are about 2 years old. I'm really considering coming out of gardening (1.5yrs) to apply for this card...

I do not know what my scores are today. When I applied for a 2nd secured card and secured installment loan from a local credit union a few months ago, my score were in the mide to low 600s. My wife's was the same. I'm waiting for a few months of reporting to occur on recently established secured credit cards and a secured installment loan and will them pull my credit to see where they're at ... and will post them at that time. Until then, I don't feel the need to know where they are right now as I am gardening and planning for future purchase of my last house where I will retire some day.

As an FYI, I am following recommendations that I've seen here to pay down most balances to zero and at least one to no more than 9% of CL. I have four credit cards [three of them secured] and one secured installment loan. My wife has two credit cards now, one secured and the other [reported in this thread] unsecured. Don't feel that I need any more credit extended to me until after I buy my retirement house next year.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.