cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Reached settlement Barclays difficult to reach!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Reached settlement Barclays difficult to reach!

10-20 update: After trying to reach the one person who handles business charge offs for over a month, she finally contacted me today. The total we owed was over $2,400. Settled on $1950, which is closer to the amount we owed after our last payment. It was so easy to do via email once she wrote back. I called customer service several times, sent two letters, emailed her 2x, contacted Barclays via an executive email before finally getting this handled. This is at last, the very last charge off or derogatory I had left to pay during this rebuild. 

I had the business JetBlue card in 2016. Things were tough for us starting our new business, and I stopped paying the card. Fast forward to today and we're much better than in 2016. We're an established businss with a great reputation and we get busier every year. 

I want to settle my account with Barclays so after spending 27 minutes on the phone and being transferred about 3x, I finally get to the collections department only to be told I have to EMAIL someone for me to settle the account. I couldn't do it over the phone! Has anyone else had this happen to them when trying to work with Barclays? 

We were denied the Chase Ink Unlimited recently and I think this stinker of an account influenced their decision. This would be the FINAL FINAL FINAL card to pay off in my/our credit rebuild and it's only $2500 worth. Almost done.

Update: Called just now, confirmed collections email info I had was correct and was told to wait 10 business days for a response. How can it be so difficult to pay a business back? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays difficult to reach!

Since there is a balance. Get it in the past and just pay it. Once paid it will show a $0 balance and may just may help with future apps.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to pay it, but Barclays is ridiculous. I called again to see if I could get help with paying it off. Was told I have to email the contact I was given the day before or actually write them a letter and that I couldn't be transferred to the person who could help me. I don't even have my account number. Wrote the email and haven't heard back yet. Getting up to date even with my local credit union was easier than Barclays. 

Message 3 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Can you still sign in online? Or did they cut you off. Get the billing address. Send the payment there with ceritified return reciept and use a cashires check or something that can be traced to show they cashed the payment.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to call them over 10 times and spoke with at least 30 different people before I finally got my charged-off account resolved. Took over a month. Then they wouldn't take payment over the phone or over the internet and I had to mail them a check. They are the worst company to deal with once your account goes into default. Just impossible to work with or talk to.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Can you still sign in online? Or did they cut you off. Get the billing address. Send the payment there with ceritified return reciept and use a cashires check or something that can be traced to show they cashed the payment.

We moved recently, and in sorting and throwing stuff away, I shredded the card. Then we applied for the ink unlimited, got denied and I began to figure out how to pay this card and found I needed card number to log in Smiley Frustrated But my wife being the office admin she is of our biz, she still has statements from way back when we used the card. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to call them over 10 times and spoke with at least 30 different people before I finally got my charged-off account resolved. Took over a month. Then they wouldn't take payment over the phone or over the internet and I had to mail them a check. They are the worst company to deal with once your account goes into default. Just impossible to work with or talk to.

Thank you for the DP! Every other creditor I have paid back this summer has been easy to get in contact with and pay them over the phone. I've emailed the woman who's address I was provided and have yet to hear back from her. Twice! I'm sure they'll cash a check if I mail it though!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an email for their exec department. If you need it DM me. She will call you 24 - 48 hours after receiving the email. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an email for their exec department. If you need it DM me. She will call you 24 - 48 hours after receiving the email. 

Wow I just now saw this message. Thank you so much for offering. I will dm for that! 

Towards the end of September I sent a letter to the person I was told handles business credit collections, since I received no response to two emails I sent. That letter got lost in Las Vegas so after waiting for several days to make sure it really was lost, I sent another letter express, with signature confirmation. It was delivered yesterday, haven't heard a peep yet. I gave them as much info as they need to contact me. Just want to pay them off!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Im new here. I need help to reach Barclay's collection/charge off CEO to settle my account. Thank youuuuu!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.