Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays sold collection account

tag
marvalgames

Barclays sold collection account

Am I out of luck?

Sold three years ago to PRA so I ended up paying PRA instead so the collection account is not on my report but the Barclays remains listed as sold charged. It doesn't drop for another two years so by any miracle a method to get this removed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays sold collection account

Sounds like you have a charge off that Barclays sold to PRA. It will fall off 7yrs from the DoFD. Or the date of the charge off was listed on your reports. Getting a GW for a CO is next to impossible. So in a couple yrs it will be gone. Welcome to the forums.

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays sold collection account

@marvalgames wrote:

Am I out of luck?

Sold three years ago to PRA so I ended up paying PRA instead so the collection account is not on my report but the Barclays remains listed as sold charged. It doesn't drop for another two years so by any miracle a method to get this removed?

Thanks

Unfortunately, yes. COs with an OC are extremely difficult to have removed. You could try writing them and asking for GW removal, but I don't know of any success stories of that with regards to Barclays.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.