Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been in the 500 Range now the upper 700 and still working

tag
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Been in the 500 Range now the upper 700 and still working

This has been a long hard road. I have all but a perfect credit file. No liens no baddies are you guys call them. I have my utilization 1% with all cards showing a balance each month very small. I have 763 Experian 758 Transunion and 724 Equifax. I have no idea why I can not get the equifax brought up. I will tell you this. It's the only one that is reporting a consumer finance company I have a loan with but I am about to pay that 2400 off within a week or so. Could that possibly be the culprit as I have had other tell me here that can't be that big of a deal to your score but something is. There is nothing else on equifax that is not on my other scores. I have perfect payment history. never late. I have 5 cards all with small balances each month, no collections whatever on any of my reports. Don't this has been easy. I started in 08 with a credit score or FICO ( sorry ) of 500 range. I have worked 48 hours overtime some pay periods. I have sold 1000's of dollars in things on ebay to get my score and my credit better. I want to buy a home now and I would just love that last score around 760 like the others. I don't even plan on applying until 2 of them are in the 760+ range. That leaves transunion with 2 points to go and I hope with my low utilization this month and paying the fiance company off it will bump. Gosh this has been a long hard road. I will never let this happen again. At one time I had an 800+ Fico and wow how you do not know what you have until you lose it. It got so bad I would not even let anyone run my credit out of embarrament. I am ready for a better life than this. I hope I will be there soon then I will always pay my bills timely but I will not worry if i charge 1% or 5% this month. That is the pits. What is the need to have a credit card if you can not use it without getting burned on your fico for doing so. I am not living on them but some months it is nice to carry a larger purchase to the next month to pay it on down to 1% but god help you if you do there goes about 20 off your fico. I have began to use them for small purchases until I buy a house and the rest I use my debit card. This credit stuff is a scam. These companies are getting rich off selling us our own information and Myfico is no better than the rest. They are all getting rich doing this. I read the other night you use to not be able to get a credit report only from a lender or a turndown but now that you can these agencies have turned it into a billion dollar industry. There should be a federal law against this. It's our information and only lenders should be paying for it NOT US !!!

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Been in the 500 Range now the upper 700 and still working

The util bump or drop in score is a current snapshot of your current CR.  Your score has absolutely no memory of util.  I personally don't care about my util, I'll carry what I want, or not carry anything at all.  If I need a bump for something I'm applying for, I'll arrange my util then.  The other times, it doesn't really matter.  

I'm not sure how much a personal finance loan affects score, I don't have one, and haven't had much dealings with them.  It shouldn't affect it too much.  Good job in paying it off and getting your CRs cleaned up.  I'm sure when you are ready for your home purchase you'll be sitting pretty.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
tmobileguy
New Contributor

Re: Been in the 500 Range now the upper 700 and still working

Good job for one....with that being said...

Your mid score is over a 750...No bank has any qualifications that you would need a high score...and for the few that have 760 as their final threshold, the difference in payment is probably around $10 bucks a month on the interest...it is so insignificant that you shouldn't bother with it.....You are in excellent credit shape but you are missing the big picture....

Ever hear the Quicken loans commercial talk about 'buying power'....As rates go up, you are losing hundreds per month because you are wanting to save 10 bucks...we call that 'jumping over dollars to save pennies'...

If you had bought your house 6 months ago, your rate would have been .5% lower then it will be with todays rates...and most likely, todays rates will be .5% lower then in 6 months...which will cost you hundreds more....

So forget the credit points, rates are what should be driving your decision....

My advice to you if you want a home....find one you like and lock in asap....

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.