Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been working hard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been working hard

I have been reading so many posts here and I just wanted to say thank you.  I've been focused on paying off my debt for 2 years and am hopefully about a month away from getting my 1st mortgage at the young age of 43 lol.  Using what I have learned from your posts I have gone from a low 500 to mid 600. I am patiently (read checking every day) waiting for my new CC balances to post. I have 11 cards and have brought 6 to a zero balance.  I PTD 13 medical collections. All 3B have deleted 12 of them.  Equifax is still showing one but showing it as paid but the other 2 deleted it. I'm not sure why but I'm calling it a win. I have a student loan and an auto loan.  I have 100% pmt history.  I am set to be AZEO by next week.  I want the best DTI I can get. My question is does it matter which CC I leave a 9% balance on? I'm also a little confused on when I PIF? If PIF by my due date there is no interest charged right?  Sorry if it's a question asked a million times I just don't wanna screw this up. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Been working hard

Congratulations on your success.

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is does it matter which CC I leave a 9% balance on?

Preferred is a bank card, not a store or charge (AmEx) card.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm also a little confused on when I PIF? If PIF by my due date there is no interest charged right?

PIF on or before statement due date. Allow the time needed if pushing or pulling payment. Allow time needed if trying to zero out the card.

Correct, if you are not carrying a balance, no interest should apply.

Message 2 of 9
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been reading so many posts here and I just wanted to say thank you.  I've been focused on paying off my debt for 2 years and am hopefully about a month away from getting my 1st mortgage at the young age of 43 lol.  Using what I have learned from your posts I have gone from a low 500 to mid 600. I am patiently (read checking every day) waiting for my new CC balances to post. I have 11 cards and have brought 6 to a zero balance.  I PTD 13 medical collections. All 3B have deleted 12 of them.  Equifax is still showing one but showing it as paid but the other 2 deleted it. I'm not sure why but I'm calling it a win. I have a student loan and an auto loan.  I have 100% pmt history.  I am set to be AZEO by next week.  I want the best DTI I can get. My question is does it matter which CC I leave a 9% balance on? I'm also a little confused on when I PIF? If PIF by my due date there is no interest charged right?  Sorry if it's a question asked a million times I just don't wanna screw this up. 

You can PIF anytime between the time the statement cuts and your due date.

If you are letting a balance report on a card that reports the balance as of the date it reports instead of statement balance (US Bank is one example that reports end of month and current balance, not statement balance) you'll want to make sure that you wait for the bank to report to CRA's before making a payment (as long as that occurs before due date).

Incase there is some confusion, you don't have to let 9% report; you just need a balance to report that is less than 9% of that cards limit for AZEO to work. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! It's been a long road but reading these posts helped me not feel alone. I finally decided it was time to stop lurking lol

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can PIF anytime between the time the statement cuts and your due date.

If you are letting a balance report on a card that reports the balance as of the date it reports instead of statement balance (US Bank is one example that reports end of month and current balance, not statement balance) you'll want to make sure that you wait for the bank to report to CRA's before making a payment (as long as that occurs before due date).

Incase there is some confusion, you don't have to let 9% report; you just need a balance to report that is less than 9% of that cards limit for AZEO to work. 

Thank you. That is what I was thinking but I wanted to double check. Honestly it's the first time in my CC life I haven't been around 80 usage on all my cards so this is a whole new world lol

Message 5 of 9
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your progress. It sounds like you've made great progress towards home ownership being a reality! 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

Congratulations on your progress. It sounds like you've made great progress towards home ownership being a reality! 

Thank you. It's a whole new level of excitement and fear that's for sure. I got a great deal on the house I've been renting for 4 years though so it's time to put on my big girl pants 😆 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The discipline you've learned in managing your cards properly will both set you up well for a mortgage (not sweating a bunch of payments each month) and help you maintain your finances properly for long-term success. Congrats on learning those lessons and sticking with them. It's about to pay off big for you Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The discipline you've learned in managing your cards properly will both set you up well for a mortgage (not sweating a bunch of payments each month) and help you maintain your finances properly for long-term success. Congrats on learning those lessons and sticking with them. It's about to pay off big for you Smiley Happy

Thank you so much that means a lot!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.