cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before I PIF for Deletion, Has anyone had success with settling with Caine & Weiner/CCS Collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I PIF for Deletion, Has anyone had success with settling with Caine & Weiner/CCS Collections?

I plan on paying the two accounts I have on my CRs in full Friday but before I do, has anyone had success with Caine and Weiner or Credit Collection Services with settling and them deleting your info?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

Re: Before I PIF for Deletion, Has anyone had success with settling with Caine & Weiner/CCS Coll

I did a pfd with them last year. I forgot the amount and who the original company was.  

But they did remove it 

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Before I PIF for Deletion, Has anyone had success with settling with Caine & Weiner/CCS Coll

Did you pay the full amount?

Message 3 of 7
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

The way that I did my rebuild was different than most people have suggested. I paid in full.

I'm a salesman by trade so I have experience in getting people to do what I want.

That being said, i never asked fo any confirmation letters. I just always let the person on the other end know how much I was depending on this removal.

"John, I know I'm supposed to ask for a letter based on everything I read.  But I'm not going to do that.. I'm going to take you at your word. "

I was successful at removing 22 items from my reports this way.. your results may end up differently if you follow my method. Stick with the normal course of action.

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 4 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I've had success, and like poster above -- I just pay in full. If it's too much I do payments. CCS offers PFD. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just finished paying them. They offered me a settlement price but for this it would have still been listed on my credit report even though the balance would now show $0. I decided to pay in full for deletion after seeing alot of sucess within this community. The savings weren't that big anyway and dealing with them was extremely easy. Literally said, sure no problem and even waved the $5 convience fee for paying over the phone when I said, but its free online. Was told they report to the credit bureas once a month so to check periodically and call if I have any issue.

Good luck to everyone!

Message 6 of 7
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@tparks5961  Man. If you were able to do that, you should set up a side business helping others. Lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.