Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Begged for mercy but none granted--- HSBC 30 day late

tag
creditmeister
Valued Member

Begged for mercy but none granted--- HSBC 30 day late

I screwed up this month, and I pleaded with the customer service person. No dice. He said they'd already reported my late payment to the CRAs. I PIF over the phone and he said he'd note this in my account and to the CRAs, but that's all he can do, he cannot take back the late they reported.

It's not clear to me that I was in fact over 30 days late, which I understand is the usual limit before you get reported. Below is the summary over my past 3 statements with the .

My statement cycle runs from the 26-27th each month. My CCC is probably right but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I never got any phonecall, mailing, or emails in regarding to being late. It's my responsibility and I get that, but now I'm in damage repair mode. Is there any case I could make for getting the late payment removed from my CR?

ugghh.. Thanks for any help! frustrated.

Past Due $36

Minimum payment due $120

Payment due date 9/21/2012

2 Minimum Payment Due $99  (NOT past due)

Payment Due Date 10/21/2012

Past Due Amount  $99

Overlimit Amount $58

Minimum Payment Due  $199

Payment Due Date       11/21/2012 

9/24 made PMT for $120

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Begged for mercy but none granted--- HSBC 30 day late

Technically, you were over 30 days late on the $36 past due balance....because you actually missed two payments.

Since the reporting is valid, I think your only recourse is to continue to ask the CCC to remove the late.

I'm sorry this happened to you.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 10
creditmeister
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply, that's what I feared. Well, it's a learning lesson Smiley Surprised  I'm going to try to have them remove it out of goodwill but I'm hearing that Capital One is very difficult.

Message 3 of 10
diabla
Regular Contributor

Try a letter.  If its up to the customer rep, you could get a nicer one.  Plus with a letter, you can take your time and get real deep!  Get the contact of a customer relations person and try to send it to them.  Try a backdoor number.  There's just more ways, don't give up.  That's just one person's NO.  How long have you been with them?  Is this your first time hitting a rough spot with them?  Oh and they can definitely take back the lates.  You just need to ask the right person.

Message 4 of 10
creditmeister
Valued Member

On the phone they keep saying "We can't change what is reported to the CRAs unless it's a bank error." That seems to be their standard policy.

I won't give up though, I'll try the letters as you suggested. 

Thank you!

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the billing statement set a billing due date of 9/21 and you paid on 9/24, yes, you were delinquent on your account agreement, but NO, you did not have a reportable 30-day late to the CRA.

The CRA reporting manual is crystal clear.  Being delinquent is not basis for reporting a 30-late.  A reportable 30-late must extend more than 30 days past the billing due date.

A billing due date of 9/21 does not give rise to a reportable 30-late until after 10/21.

Message 6 of 10
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If the billing statement set a billing due date of 9/21 and you paid on 9/24, yes, you were delinquent on your account agreement, but NO, you did not have a reportable 30-day late to the CRA.

The CRA reporting manual is crystal clear.  Being delinquent is not basis for reporting a 30-late.  A reportable 30-late must extend more than 30 days past the billing due date.

A billing due date of 9/21 does not give rise to a reportable 30-late until after 10/21.

But the 9/21 payment also included $36 which was already past due.  It was presumably due on 8/21.  So when a payment was made on 9/24, the $36 was more than 30 days late.

Message 7 of 10
creditmeister
Valued Member

Interesting. Once I can check my CR, I'll see if it shows up or not. I'm expecting that it will.

Message 8 of 10
diabla
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

So that's why when I once forgot and paid my credit card bill 2 days late, I was charged the $25 late fee but it was never reported my CR.  I panicked but I hoped they wouldn't notice, lol, of course they did.  But they didn't punish me, I still got a CLI at my one year anniversary.  But they went on auto-pay after that!

Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send a GW.  What's it gonna hurt?  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.