cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being sued by Deville Asset Mgt. Help! Advise! Please?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being sued by Deville Asset Mgt. Help! Advise! Please?!

So, within the past 24hrs I have gotten 2 email flyers from Attorneys stating that I was being sued by Deville asset management and should act quickly or my wages could be garnished. 

I did act and have contacted an attorney that I meet with on Monday. 

I have had no communication whatsoever with Deville. They purchased an old loan from 8 years ago and have started collecting on it again. The only contact being made on my end is an attempt to get the debt verified or removed from my credit report. They were removed from my transunion report but popped back up on my Experian report earlier this year. 

I am in a huge panic because I have worked tirelessly trying to rebuild my credit on my own. I started out at a 498... 498!!!!! and had managed to get it to a 720. Im proud of that! Once deville hit my credit report out of the blue as a new collection I was knocked down to a 650... Now with the threat of being sued and having a judment or settlement added to my report they are basically going to know me down almost to where I came from and i am terrified at the thought. 

I dont know what to do and waiting for an appointment with a lawyer on monday is driving me insane! Can someone give me a few words of encouragement or advice anything! I could use it at this point.

Side note: I do see online on the FBI and SEC websites that Deville is being investigating by the FBI. Ponzy scheme and using the debts that they are collecting from people and paying off old investors... Dont know if that helps my case or not...

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being sued by Deville Asset Mgt. Help! Advise! Please?!

If the debt is 8 years old, why is it reporting on your credit report? A few states have very long SOL but the max for reporting on a credit report is 7.5 years.

Who was the original creditor?
When was the month and year you first went delinquent?
What state are you in?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Original Debt: Santander USA

Default Date/Last Payment: Santander refused to give me that information

State: Georgia

I really dont know as far as SOL is concerned. I can only go the notice that I got. The debt was opened over 8 years ago and defaulted closer to 6 or 7 years ago. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sprice369

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i go about doing that? Do i go through the Experian or through deville?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi sprice369

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If the debt is 8 years old, why is it reporting on your credit report? A few states have very long SOL but the max for reporting on a credit report is 7.5 years.

Who was the original creditor?
When was the month and year you first went delinquent?
What state are you in?

Im in Georgia. 

I was at my 7 year mark with Santander and they sold it to Deville. I was told this happens to accounts when the are close to falling off your report. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.