Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Card's for 450 to 550 Credit Scores

tag
E2U1L9A
Established Member

Re: Best Credit Card's for 450 to 550 Credit Scores

Skip the TD Bank secured.

It comes with an annual fee and even when you graduate they're still stingy on the CLIs

I know this because I used to work there...

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think realistically, if you're rebuilding- don't you want to make a good name/reputation with big banks? Don't go for subprime cards!
Message 12 of 14
E2U1L9A
Established Member

I agree. Big banks cards can be helpful, just not one that changes an annual fee AND is stingy even when you do graduate. If you can find one without the annual fee,  why pay for what you don't need to? 

As for sub prime,  stay as far away as you can...

Some of these have so many fees that you almost owe them more than your deposit before you even use it. 

CREDIT ONE  for example is just HORRIFYING. The sad part is that their logo and brand colors look almost identical to Capital One. Don't be fooled, you want Capital One NOT Credit One...

Message 13 of 14
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

Capital one platinum or even Quicksilver one if you want cash back but small annual fee. Your rebuild cards or your first cards will be stuck with you for a long time and you want something that will grow with you and doesn't have huge fees. A horrible costly card like first premier or even indigo will have to be cancelled eventually which will hurt score and that whole time could have been used productively to get in the door with a company, preferably a big bank. That's why I like platinum, no fees and credit increases and possible product change so I would suggest doing the capital one prequal and see it they offer you the platinum. But with your scores the only guaranteed approval is the secured opensky cc it's no credit check but your income needs to be sufficient, at least around 30000 a year. No hard inquiry with them and 35$ annual fee. Capital one and opensky were my first cards and then I got put on as an AU with Chase.
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.