Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Goodwill Letters

tag
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Best Goodwill Letters

I am seeing a few templates around (not as many as I expected to see, am I searching ineffectively?)

But I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post letters that have actually worked for them, and even those that haven't, so I can get a feel for what they are looking for. I know, each situation is different, but if you're willing to post, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Goodwill Letters

@Rebuilding101 wrote:

I am seeing a few templates around (not as many as I expected to see, am I searching ineffectively?)

But I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post letters that have actually worked for them, and even those that haven't, so I can get a feel for what they are looking for. I know, each situation is different, but if you're willing to post, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

That's the thing about goodwill requests-- each situation is as unique as the people and the circumstances that led up to the blemish. Whether people post examples for not, you won't get an accurate idea of what you'll need to say, and how, to accomplish your specific goodwill goal(s). My suggestion is to write a letter from your heart, being humble, sincere, taking responsibility, and outlinging a win/win (if applicable). Keep it simple, and short-- don't paint outrageous scenarios that end up sounding like the proverbial dog ate my homework. Think about what might move YOU as a formerly burned creditor.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.